Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Different strokes I guess. Last month was awesome for me, this month, totally meh.

My pauses has usually been of the “I have the main good game, so the secondary good game isn’t good enough and the random shovelware doesn’t count”.

But like this month being only average games that I’d never actually pay even close to sale prices for and vampire + Lovecraft, $12 isn’t bad at all.

I’ve been paused since February now, mostly because the interesting games have already been on Game Pass, and none of them have been good enough warranting a permanent buy.

I thought last month was awesome too. There was a time about maybe 6 months ago where it kept being very blah but a lot of games were standing out to some people here who are really down on this one.

I’m just kinda talking anyways, I don’t mean to sound like a downer.

Ditto, but it’s all down to what you like. Last month was a cornucopia of fantastic strategy games but if you don’t like strategy, it’s not going to be of much note. This month is… actually I have no idea, I’m barely aware of most of these and the few I am would be classed as “Janky Horror RPG’s” I guess. The “horror” part puts me off more than the “janky” really. But hey, different strokes and all that.

I pretty much never pause. Humble was my replacement for my WoW subscription, so I just accept the $12 and hope there is at least 1-2 worthwhile games in each. And I thought the actual game was a big Steam library…

Why? Twelve dollars is twelve dollars. Just set a reminder on your phone to pause each month, it’s easy.

This! I’ve looked at all 12 games over a cup of coffee. Found out the number of them I really want to play is exactly as big as the overlap with my library: 0. So I decided not to waste money on nice to have titles for my pile of shame. The offered $2 discount didn’t change my mind.

I’ve posted 6 (now 5) humble choices in the giveaway thread, pm fast!

Their new book bundle is a lot of game comics & a few novels:

Anything really good in here? I’ve read the Mass Effect ones, they were okay.

Calling it, Battle Brothers is in the next bundle.

That would be a good prediction.

i would LOVE for this to be the case

Think I will have to retract my prediction as there was a new DLC out which is obviously the reason for the discount!

Actually, include the game in a bundle when a new DLC is out is a savvy business decision.

Glancing through the Killing Floor bundle, my eyes snagged on a name. The Chickenator Pack? Sadly, the art convinces me it’s not Tom making a cameo.

this is a good point. prediction is back on!

Agreed, plus Battle Brothers has been discounted anywhere from 40% to 66% several times at several storefronts over the past year or so, meaning it has about drawn all the sales it’s going to draw on it’s own. Bundling it is the logical next move, and as you say, would drive purchases of the DLC up in turn.

It’s been on my wishlist forever, so I’d love to see it in a Humble Choice in the next month or two.

Ohhh very good call, I was about to buy these but now I can wait.

Lots of Battle Brothers talk in this thread lately. What genre of game is it?

Some kind of Smash Bros for the PC, I’m guessing?