Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Thanks. Turns out I had to log out of my main account, first.

Also it looks like the deal was extended till December 4th!

Alright you guys reeled me in. I bought myself a gift and have my next renewal date now on December 2021 instead of 2020. Took me about 3 minutes. Thanks

I can’t see any reason to take them up on this. I buy maybe 2 or 3 of these a year, generally after being offered a $4 off coupon which brings the price below the average for that $99 deal. And frankly, the quality of the offerings has been deteriorating lately. I’m not sure there will be 12 months I actually want in the entire remaining life of the program.

Like a dummy I redeemed the subscription gift right away, and it gave me November’s bundle. Oops. Shoulda waited until after Friday’s reveal.

Might not be a bad thing!

I found the fine print earlier and it mentioned an extra free month if you send a gift that gets activated before december 1st PST (45 mins from now). Coupons go out next sunday. We might not qualify with self-gifting, but we’ll see.

Less than 3 hrs until joy or disappointment. :P

Holy cow this is the worst month I can remember. Easy pass for me.

https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/home?hmb_source=navbar

Indeed. Subtract the stuff I’ve already played on Game Pass, and it’s basically a Fanatical $2 bundle.

Man…they finally put in Beast Inside that I want, and…accompany it by bunch of stuff I have zero interest in. God dammit.

Woof.

When’s the deadline to hit “pause” but keep my super cool store discounts?

Same here, total swing and a miss. What the hell even is half of this stuff? Anime games? Frog Detective? Sure, Children of Morta is good, but it’s been like $4 on sale before, and the Overcooked franchise is solid, but again, frequently on discount.

Big whiff this month, disappointed in Humble.

Their site also seems to be having an issue currently.

Yup. Utterly pathetic. Easiest pass ever. Not one game worth my time or money, and most of them unrecognizable.

Woah there! Children of Morta is EXCELLENT. Maybe, like me, you played it on Game Pass, but I’m going to be happy to own a copy. They could have gone easier on the anime-girl aesthetic in one month, but One Step From Eden looks like an interesting strategy game… thing.

And Overcooked is always solid. I played Path of Giants on iOS and while it’s just a navigational puzzle game, it’s a solid one of those.

I don’t know, I guess if you aren’t looking for a bunch of eclectic indie games, I don’t know why you would subscribe to Humble Choice at all. Seems like every month it’s nothing but complaints here.

Whatever the last Friday of the month is but I’m not going to risk forgetting.

That’s an extraordinarily generous description of that bundle. Morta and Overcooked qualify (not my cup of tea, but I can see how others might be interested) but a lot of the rest is straight up shovelware to my eye.

tenor

ok maybe… some great indies in this bundle, minus the anime stuff.

I already own the Frog Detective games!

Wow, I’ve generally been down on the Monthly lately, but am surprised to see the level of disapproval for this month on here, since it actually seems above average for me.

One Step From Eden is probably the highlight – Slay the Spire structure with a neat action-based combat system modeled on the old Mega Man Battle Network games.

Children of Morta, Indivisible, and Overcooked 2 have all been pretty well received as well.

I’m still going to pause on this because I bought One Step From Eden a la carte, and have Morta and Indivisible from Game Pass, but if not for that, I’d happily be in on this month.