Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

If anyone wants In Other Waters, PM me for a spare key, I bought it in February. gone

Aven Colony IS a good little colony building game, by the way, but can be had dirt cheap since it’s several years old now.

They are something like the Yakuza games. Kind of third-person semi-open world adventure games with (a lot less) brawling action interspersed. Also quite a few quicktime events (this was either the game that invented them or at least the one that popularized them, I can’t recall). I love them.

Thanks. I had no idea. Were they mostly on consoles before?

BTW, I don’t seem to have gotten an email announcing the new games (not under the promotions tab either). Anyone else?

Shenmue was a Dreamcast exclusive, Shenmue II was, I think, original Xbox? and Shenmue III was crowdfunded fairly recently after a like 15+ year gap.

Not entirely disappointed in the selection as it has a few items on my wishlist, but I’ve definitely seen better. Worth the $12, but a bit of a letdown.

Forklift simulators.

If I gave a damn about VR I’d be all over this bundle. Hell, Star Trek Bridge Crew is almost enough to make me give a damn about VR.

You can play bridge crew without VR.

Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware of that fact.

Yeah they originally made it VR only and then went, “Wait, only HOW MANY percentage of steam users use VR? ONE? Put in a pancake mode.”

Which is when I originally bought it. Now that I’ve tried it in VR it is great.

Yeah, I didn’t know that either. Does it play decently on a monitor?

Sure does, can be played with a mouse or gamepad just fine. Also cross play so you can play with someone on PC VR, PSVR and PC pancake just fine.

Good to know!

That is not a particularly good price for just Bridge Crew though, and nothing else in the bundle looks even remotely interesting for non-VR.

Sure, the bundle’s a hard pass, but I can plunk Bridge Crew on to the wishlist.

If you’ve been meaning to Pause for the current less-than-spectacular bundle but haven’t yet, you have about a week to do so because “Last Tuesday” is “auto-buy” day.

Humble Bundle limiting charity portion to 15%

TL;DR:

They’re revamping the layout, splitting the tiers between separate pages because somehow that’s supposed to let you see things “more clearly” than having all options on one page???

Sliders will be removed and fixed with two pre-set distributions. Default is 85% Publisher/5% Charity/10% Humble, the other is 80% Publisher/15% Charity/5% Humble.

The effect of that is that I’ll buy from them less. Traditionally one of the nice things about Humble was being able to zero out contributions to games I didn’t want in a bundle, shift payments to the charity I liked out of he three being contributed to and so on. Removing that control disincentivizes purchases, not that your typical Humble bundle is worth much these days anyway.

Mind you, I’m surprised it took the new owners this long to lock the Humble tip at a non-trivial value and to guarantee publisher revenue by preventing people from being “too generous” to the charities.

I personally don’t think it’ll affect my buying from them either way, since I don’t buy stuff for myself in order to give to charity. If I want to do that I give to the charity directly. I mean, it’s a nice-to-have but not critical.