Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

The $12 is the “pay this” price, not the best the average. I think Alstein meant it was time for a new game now that CoM was over, not that it’s in the bundle.

Boughtenated. Even though I already own Imperator (which is great!) and Cultist Simulator (which I hear is great!) I have always wanted to try the Thea games, and always forget to look for them when there is a Steam Sale or other discount event. Fantasy General II has been on my wishlist since it was Early Access, so getting all three (plus Steam World Quest) for $12…STEAL.

Thanks for the heads up @Alstein!

Does Fantasy General 2 have turn limits?

Thank you @UtilityDogAK for Steamworld Quest, I appreciate your generosity!

No, but if you do the scenario under a certain amount of turns you get a bonus

Aye, this bundle looks good even if just for Thea 1/2 and Fantasy General 2.

Thanks Brian! Is the campaign linear or what? The Steam page and even some of the reviews are remarkably unclear about this.

The campaign the game comes with is a mostly linear affair, but one of the expansions adds more procedural elements.

Overall it’s a great game, especially if you liked the original, as you can tell the folks who made this one love this original just as much as us fans do. It’s a steal at the price.

It compares favorable to Elven Legacy, correct? Because I bounced off that one for some reason.

Unfortunately I missed the first one so I don’t have a point of reference. Sounds intriguing, though, I’ll probably grab it. Thanks again!

Well Elven Legacy was an attempt to recapture that Fantasy General magic, but it wasn’t as successful in doing so.

Reminder to pause before this Tuesday if you don’t want the games for this month.

I went with this month for the Metro and Darksiders games.

New choice promo. 3 to 12 months for 8$ each, no pausing

Poke @Rock8man

Is it available to someone like me who signed up as a new monthly subscriber last month to get Metro Exodus?

Humble sent me a survey, so I clicked through. The question was, how many bundled games would I prefer at the “same retail value” of around $240. I picked 8-10 rather than the current 12, and the survey had no further questions. Appears they are wondering whether including 12 titles per month is causing the selection to be perceived as weak thanks to a lot of cheaper titles being thrown in.

I’ll admit that inertia is really the only thing that has me continuing as a subscriber, the minor expense of $12/mo. hasn’t been enough to motivate me to cancel even though all of my “game discovery” needs have been satisfied by XGPU for a while now.

That was my impression too. I also picked a fewer amount of games, quality over quantity everytime.

I just don’t play many different games in a month.

You know, if that leads to less shovelware in the bundles, yes please.

Same. I base my decision on buying the monthly bundle on 1,2, 3 or maybe 4 games. The rest are just extras that I will never play and probably aren’t worth the effort to claim. If fewer games means that they are of better quality then all the better. Also if fewer games means an easier choice to pause, all the better.

I used to almost always bias the toggles towards 1-charity/2-developers and I can’t even do that anymore. Humble, have deviated so far from what originally made them so appealing.

I’d be surprised if dropping a few of the filler games would free up that much to substantially improve the quality of the headliners. I highly suspect the payments to the devs are massively skewed towards the bigger titles, such that dropping the bottom 4 probably gets you like 5%, at best.