Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Civ 6 Platinum Edition is $40 on Steam right now, and that’s 75% off. So $12 is a good deal, even if it’s the only game in the bundle that you want.

But do I want it? Hmm.

Yeah, if I had the time and patience to play Civ I would have played 4 or 5 but I just never had it (the patience part, anyway, and I definitely don’t have the time now). Going Under looks kind of fun, and I’d get the bundle for that and maybe Stubbs (which I played back when on PC, but sold off back when you could do that sort of thing), but it appears they removed all the great covers of old 1950s songs by 90’s bands, so bleh. Probably another pause.

If you have to ask yourself, then most assuredly no.

I’ve passed on Panzer Paladin and Going Under a couple times in the past month or so because my Humble sense tingled. It paid off!

Civ 6 with all the DLC is a great deal for anyone who might be a fan. However, the vast majority of people who might will already have at least the base game and likely much (if not all) of the DLC because it’s not like Civ has been a low-key sleeper hit or anything.

My guess is Firaxis hopes at least some current owners would forward the keys to friends to liven up multiplayer and generate additional interest for future iterations.

I’m assuming that was also the motivation for the addition of Worms Rumble. Apparently its a fun real-time spinoff game held back by having no community in the online multiplayer.

I don’t have time to burn on those marathon Civ games anymore. PASS.

I also find myself wondering why I would lose 5-6 hours over a nothing session I couldn’t remember within a week’s time.

It occurs to me that I’d rather just dive back into EU4 and pass on Civ VI, though I guess I might need a patch rollback.

I paused. For the record I bought in last month, and was offered no bribe this month to stay unpaused, though even $4 wouldn’t have done it this time.

My cynical view is that they hope players will dip their toes in and then pick up the New Frontier Pass because of all the extra toys that come with it.

Civ VI is an ok game, but not one I’d recommend.

Owning Civ VI with everything made this month’s Humble and easy pass for me. Nothing else was interesting.

Wasn’t there a previous Monthly with another kinda-old, kinda-surprising inclusion that was followed up by a sequel announcement shortly after? Civ 7 incoming?

/tinfoilhat

It’s entirely possible we’ll see an announcement sooner than later;
Civ 4: October 25, 2005
Civ 5: September 21, 2010
Civ 6: October 21, 2016

That said, I expect tails to be longer in the DLC era. So maybe late 2022 if we’re lucky?

Anyone who might want a steam key for Disjunction in the bundle, I’d hold off on registering the GoG key.

I did a fake pause and they offered me $4 off but I’m still on the fence. I think it’s mainly because my 2016 Dell XPS 13 is getting a little long in the tooth and the reviews are very mixed. That and i don’t know that I have the time to invest to learn and then play long games like Civ.

argh! i redeemed the gog key!! oh well.

The collector in me is trying to resist this; it is a very steep discount.

I hate it when there is a bundle where I don’t own any of the games (great!) but the reason for that is because I do not want to play any of the games (boo!)

I have Old World for any Civ related urges, this is a pass for me.

I’d say that’s a pretty good investment!

Looks like that Disjunction won’t be getting a steam key. Not much I’m interested in from this monthly. :(

There’s a new comics bundle that might interest people for their kiddos. I haven’t read any of these yet. They come highly recommended by friends who only recommend the best stuff. It’s basically “power rangers are awesome”, but in a good way.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-boom-studios-books

That new layout is horrible for book bundles. It has all their comic books, and a 4 issue highly rated ninja turtle crossover. This one is also weird, with half of them only available as epubs, and the other half pdfs.

Yeah I saw that, sadness. Time to visit GoG I guess.