Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I tried to pause and discovered when I signed up for Humble Choice last month $12 a month for 12 months, it meant that I can’t pause without losing the deal. So if I pause, it says I will lose the $12 price per month. I guess the normal price per month is $20? And you get to pick 9 games instead of 12 I think? It doesn’t mention any of that, it just says I’ll lose the deal I signed up for. Hmmm. On the other hand, I definitely don’t want any of the games in this month’s bundle.

I am pretty sure you can pause , lose this months deals, and still have 11 months left.

Contact support to verify?

That depends on the specifics of the deal, there are definitely “no pause” deals. If he’s getting a warning when he tries to pause, odds are good he has one of those. Keep in mind, Rock8man isn’t a legacy.

In theory you get fewer picks, but in practice the last at least four months have been everyone gets everything and I think it’s been longer than that. I don’t know if they’re ever going to stop that “special promotion”.

True, humble getting all sneaky like.

heh

Yeah, unless you’re a legacy customer, the $12/12 months deal is exactly that: you are in for the 12 months at the $12 price tag monthly. At least you’re not billed in a lump sum for that, and you can opt out.

Also be aware: if you do opt out, it may be a window of time (a few months? 6? a year?) before they offer you another similar deal.

Quick update from the Disjunction situation.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the continued feedback. Just to clarify, it’s entirely up to Steam whether or not they grant requests for large volumes of Steam keys. In this case, they chose not to. Believe me, we would give you all Steam keys if we could and we’re as frustrated as you are about this situation. We want everyone to be able to play Disjunction on the platform of their choice, and we’re sorry that we’re unable to provide that.

I never seen this this before.

Edit: Source

Reading that Steam thread really makes me wish I could reach out through the monitor and slap some people remotely. I don’t know if it’s the level of entitlement that’s more annoying, or how all the posters seem to conspiracy loonies totally detached from reality.

It’s DRM free GoG keys. Why wouldn’t they be an acceptable substitute?

Because people want the functionality that Steam brings to the table, and while GOG offers some of that, they want it in the same place as their other games. And while I don’t agree with the people who are claiming dumb shit like it being a scam (how would it be a scam? You get the game, and it clearly says it’s a GOG key), I would also. GOG achievements aren’t in the Steam achievement ecosystem, for example. And I can’t get GOG’s screenshot function to work at all (granted, this game I doubt I’d be screenshotting since it’s an indie pixel game). Oh, and GOG Galaxy is considerably less stable for me than Steam. I know you don’t have to use it but then I don’t remember the game is even there because I’m no longer used to running games from Start.

Not for me for the reasons stated above. I not interested in the game though but I just posted this in case anyone was waiting for the Stem Keys.

So, Humble Bundle sent me a email for the Frontier Pass for only 10 dollars. It doesn’t show up until you put it in your cart it seems, and it looks like its available to people that picked up the Humble Bundle.

Might be worth looking into.

Just tried to use that and they are charging me NZ$22 with the coupon applied, which is north of US$15.

The cart doesn’t break down the discount at all, so it’s hard to see what’s what.

Edit for those paying in other currencies. From Humble Support:

Hello,

The coupon in question provides a discount to the USD price of the Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass, bringing the price to $10. This comes to a total discount of $29.99 USD. $29.99 is then converted into the currency to which the account is tied. Instead of seeing the equivalent of $10 USD, you receive the same discount of $29.99 USD towards the total price of the item.

I want to apologize for any frustration this has caused. We could have been clearer in our messaging, and we are taking steps to avoid this sort of confusion in the future. We do hope you enjoy the coupon, and please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

I just got an offer for Humble for $9 a month for the next three months. I can’t pause it or stop it so the next two months I’d be buying blind. Nine dollars is not a good deal if there’s nothing I want but it’s hard to resist adding to my giant pile of unplayed games.

Whoever dies with the biggest backlog wins!

Well then, I think Brian Rubin’s got us all beat, unless we all work real hard at catching up. :-)

The only thing that worries me about those offers is that I take it to mean “wow, we have a real lack-luster next three months… better lock folks in”. Kinda like Blizzard tossing out free Diablo 3 back when they knew nothing was going to be happening in WoW for a good long while.

Also, I’ve never been sent a discount offer. Not sure I’ve ever paused either, because the kids will play stuff I won’t and vice versa.

That’s possible. It’s also possible they’re loss-leaders to get people subscribed, with the understanding that most people forget to pause every month and just pay them.

You can call me a sucker, it’s okay.

I have not purchased a Humble Monthly in over a year. Maybe they are making this offer to long lost customers like me?

The thought did cross my mind that the next couple of bundles might not have much in them. They only hurt themselves in the long run with crappy bundles, though.