Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Pause reminder. Charges tomorrow

Thanks. Paused. Intrigued but not enough to make me pay $12.

Hmm. Not sure about this one.

The last is a GOG key.

Gamepass:

• Bloodstained - Ea PC
  • Carto
  • Drake Hollow
  • Nowhere Prophet

Stadia

• Blue Fire

The last time I didn’t pause was October 2020, and I wonder lately if I’m just better off canceling it and forgetting that Choice even exists.

Huh. Superliminal is on the wish list, as is Nowhere Prophet. I’m mostly unfamiliar with the rest - anything I should know about?

Burning bag of poo on the doorstep

I enjoyed what I played of Carto and Drake Hollow on game pass.

Blue Fire and Encodya are the only other two that look interesting to me. Especially Blue Fire.

I think I already own Superliminal from another bundle or something. Or maybe Epic Game Store. I feel like that looks very very familiar.

As Far as the Eye is good, as is We Need to Go Deeper.

What’s the term for a game that not only isn’t a good point for the bundle, but actually is the opposite, a negative point?

I see Last Oasis, with ‘survival mmo’ description, still in EA, and with mixed reviews in Steam, and I can only think ‘eeww’. Other games of the bundle seem decent, but this one makes me not buy the bundle!

Whoa like 80% of these I have wishlisted, good month!

Hmm, there are actually a few games from my wishlist in this one. I might unpause for the first time in months.

As Far as the Eye looks lovely but it seems there is a consensus in that the gameplay is weak.
We need to go deeper doesn’t have single player nor local coop and it’s an indie game with surely no players in the lobbies already.
Out of Space, I own it already.
I’m not into point & click adventures so we can forget Encodya.
Cepheus Protocol art is a bit amateur and it’s still in EA.

I think the best then is BloodStained and Carto, which both are in Gamepass. In fact I’m installing Carto already.

So… that’s it. No buy for me this month.

Yeah, this is a no go for me this month. The games I’d want are on gamepass already. The games I might try are in “might try” status, and by the time I’ll get around to them I think I’ll be able to pick them off at even steeper discounts.

Meh month. Easy pause.

Yeah. Via Game Pass I already finished and enjoyed Bloodstained and Nowhere Prophet, and checked out as much as I care to of Carto and Drake Hollow.

Of the rest, Blue Fire looks kind of interesting, but that’s about it.

As Far As The Eye is on my wishlist, but it is the only game in the bundle I have any real interest in, and since it’s been as low as $8.50 on sale on it’s own already (and it’s $9.99 right now on Steam), I will have to pass yet again on Choice this month.

I will say that the games on offer seem like a great collection of indie titles for a mere $12, but there just aren’t any (besides the above) that interest me personally.

Different strokes, I guess. I’ve got at least twelve things in the backlog I’d play before I’d play most of these. Hell, I’d play Batman Arkham Asylum all over again, or play through Sleeping Dogs for the third time. My current obsession is Metal Gear Solid V TPP, though, and that looks like it’ll keep me busy for a while.

Have you played it yet or is it in the backlog? What’s the gameplay like, and what do you think?

I’ve been wanting to play Superliminal for a while, and I already played Bloodstained via Game Pass but won’t mind owning a copy so I can play some of the content they added later.

Why? You can just ignore it. You don’t even need to register the key if you don’t want.

For me it’s a definite buy month. At least three things from my wishlist (Bloodstained, Carto, Drake Hollow), and they mostly haven’t been any cheaper than the whole bundle is for me.

Edit: Also, how can anyone pass up Retired Men’s Nude Beach Volleyball?

This is kind of where I land. This looks like an actual honest-to-god indie bundle and for someone with different tastes than mine I suspect it’s an excellent deal. It actually prompted me to remove some things from my wishlist, after further consideration.

I am dimly intrigued by Carto though.