Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Humble just charged me for the choice bundle after I had paused. This is the second time it happened! Are they defrauding customers now assuming we won’t notice?

I opened a support ticket and am sure they’ll refund it but still-- scummy.

Did you get an email notification from them or what? I haven’t gotten one.

BTW, weren’t they doing a thing one month where the bundles were auto-charged not the last Tuesday but the one before, or did I dream it? I thought it was going to be that way going forward for all future months.

Yes I did, and a notification from my bank when they charged me.

Well, that sucks. And you had gotten the confirmation email before about pausing? There’s a glitch somewhere, clearly.

I paused yesterday. I’m frickin’ Iron Man about pausing Humble Bundle. I set reminders every month.

This is the second time it’s happened. If I didn’t watch my finances closely I would have just let it go, hell, it’s only $13 right? But that’s fraud.

I’m unsure of yours and Humble’s time zones but did you definitely pause on the Monday? You need to pause before the last Tuesday.

Yeah, it was just yesterday.

So anyone want to trade games with me? I forgot to pause even when I know I don’t want anything from August. 😭 So PM me if you want to trade. All 12 games for August are up for trade.

PS: clarified the month.

This months games haven’t been announced yet.

I mean August, the one headlined by Bloodstain: Ritual of the Night 😵.

Is today Merry Choicemas?

No, it isn’t.

Not for another 6 days. drums fingers

I blame August and its 31 days!

I’ve had multiple issues like stusser with Humble trying to bill stupidly. They even tried to cancel my grandfathered humble choice when I changed my payment method. They always fix it but they seem to be preying on the people who don’t keep track of that sort of thing and hoping they won’t notice and getting free money.

Yes that’s my feeling as well. Still no response to my refund ticket.

I usually Pause really early on, unless I’m on the fence about it. Sure, I lose that 10% discount, but honestly, I don’t deserve the 10% discount.

You might be attributing to malice something that can be easily explained by incompetence…

I sometimes wait till close to the last minute for the sake of the discount but normally give it a two day cushion even then. Still sometimes when I’m awash with games already I just say screw it and pause two weeks or more before. Humble’s not the only game in town for Steam keys, and Fanatical, GamersGate, GMG, etc. often beat them on price anyway.

Finally decided to unsubscribe, simply because no bundle has interested me since July 2020 - and I did have two months where I got a bundle despite being reasonably certain I had paused (and thus had to get refunds).

Between backlog and Gamepass and free Epic games it does not seem worthwhile to keep Humble going. If they publish another brilliant bundle, I will simply sign back up - so I’ll keep an eye on this thread…