Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Hmm, aren’t the Humble Choice games supposed to be announced on the first Tuesday, or did they change it? No notification so far today.

Usually happens around 10 AM pacific. Which is 4 minutes from now as I type this.

Oooh Heaven’s Vault, I’m in.

• PGA Tour 2K21
  • Neon Abyss
  • Not For Broadcast
  • Roki
  • Narita Boy
  • West of Dead
  • Atomicrops
  • Heaven’s Vault
  • Swag & Sorcery
  • Fort Triumph
  • Orwell: Ignorance is Strength
  • Framed Collection

I’m in for Neon Abyss, Narita Boy, and Atomicrops!

OH great month for me, already own Neon Abyss, which is GREAT, and wanted SEVERAL of these, so yay!

Another month paused, hopefully they don’t try to scam me this time.

What a surprise with PGA 2k21. Definitely giving that a whirl. I’ll give Fort Triumph a shoutout - I’ve played it a bit and its a great puzzley XCOM/Into the Breach-like.

Reserving judgment till I find out more about the indies, but the pick of PGA Tour as the headliner is not filling me with confidence.

I wish I could pause. This whole Humble Choice thing turned into an idiotic decision for me. I should pull the plug now instead of staying in.

I haven’t unpaused for like 5 months now. They can’t find a single game worth eight dollars to me.

I would recommend this bundle to others though, even though it’s not for me. I haven’t been able to stop playing Atomicrops since it hit Game Pass, for instance. It’s super addictive. Fort Triumph looks intriguing if I was still into those kinds of games, etc.

Ron Perlman apparently voices the skeleton protagonist of West of Dead. Wonder why they got him for what looks to be a straightforward top-down shooter.

Since Humble Choice began back in late 2019 I have paused for one month several times. There have been a couple of times I have paused for two months, then bought in again on the third when the lineup returned to something more my liking…

…Today will make the fourth month in a row I have paused (June, July, August and now September). That is twice as long as any previous pause. Just this year I purchased January, March and May, and would have snagged February as well had I not already owned Outward and Endless Space 2. Something happened in June though, and now whomever is curating these bundles has tastes in gaming that are far, far different from mine. I am bummed.

Same here. I’ll have to check but I think my pause record is actually longer… I think the last one I got was the one with Control, Chimera Squad and Elex (March). I probably would have bitten on the Civ VI one a couple months back but I’ve never been able to get into a Civ game, so…

Just checked, of the past 8 months I only unpaused for two, March and May.

Some of you folks are really good at pausing!

Decent bundle, I am in!

April and October 2020 are my last two non-pauses. I think I might just cancel it and call it a day.

If I didn’t already own Heaven’s Vault and Fort Triumph I’d probably be in on this one, but as it stands I’ll pause.

I’m confused—what’s stopping you from pausing?

If you’re good at pausing, it’s no big whoop. But really it’s amazing that they couldn’t come up with a single game worth $8 to me in 6 of the past 8 months.

(If you paused the previous month and go to pause again, they will always offer $4 off.)