Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I may have misspoken up there-- was there a month with Metro Exodus? Because I did get that.

That was May 2021. That’s the last one I grabbed too.

I think it’s a pretty decent bundle. No big headliner (except golf game lol), but it has a bunch of well rated games:

Heaven’s Vault - 91% positive, some awards too
Narita Boy - 84%
Roki - 94%, some awards too
Neon Abyss - I didn’t like it, but hey, 87%
Atomicrops - 93%
Fort Triumph - 80%, a mix of Xcom and HOMM that should be liked in this forum
Not For Broadcast - 95%

You got a problem with golf games, son?

Pretty pleased with this one, Heaven’s Vault, Not For Broadcast and Roki have all been on my wishlist at some point in time even if a couple got pruned at some point.

I signed up in May:

In June I thought, it’s only one month, not worth losing the deal over! Then I thought the same thing in July. Then the same thing in August. And now maybe the same thing in September?

I’m pretty sure that pausing doesn’t kill your $12 a month choice pricing, cancelling your subscription does, unless you have a really weird deal with them. I could be wrong—I’m still rocking a prepaid 12-month plan for like 24+ months at this point, since I’m getting like one bundle out of every three, so I never got the same message you’re getting.

Honestly PGA 2k is pretty good, but obviously I already have it. Just need to dial in the difficulty you prefer. I tended to dominate or get crushed.

He does. He wasn’t grandfathered in like you or I, he got a different version of the deal (with different strings) after the fact.

Ouch. That does suck. Rockman—if you’re like me and really only liking 1 out of every 3 or 4 bundles, definitely time to jump ship.

From that description I’m curious about the Fort Triumph game. I wonder what Atomicrops and Not for Broadcast are about.

Fort Triumph and Atomicrops both have their own threads hereabouts.

Yes if you can’t pause, cancel.

Oh I’ve been sniped by vinraith, he typed faster than me.

Not for Broadcast gives me the feeling is a Papers Please! type of game, but editing live tv action video?

I’m kind of tempted just for PGA 2k1. Can you just buy one month?

Yes, but if that’s the only game you’re interested in I can just send you my key when I buy in. Not one I need. :)

I’m not one for fast 2D platformers anymore (if I ever was) but I’ve gotta say the main title of the Narita Boy soundtrack sounds awesome, if you’re into synth/retrowave. Being “of a certain age” it really takes me back.

Yeah, that’s the only one. Very generous of you! I might be in for Atomicrops if I didn’t already have it.

I’m totally in for PGA 2k1 and was offered a four dollar discount when I pretended to pause - sweet!

Not really. It’d just lie around my Humble account otherwise. :)