Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Thanks a ton, malkav! Gonna hit the links.

#TeamNeverPausedNeverWill

Nah, I’ll just continue pausing and bitching.

I think I’ll buy in this month myself, certainly not for the golf but for a couple of those indies.

Bitching is obligatory!

Nah, it’s not the AAA thing. I’d rather see high-end indie games that haven’t yet been heavily discounted. I’ve got a big wishlist that they’re welcome to mine for ideas.

This would actually be a really solid month in a vacuum. It’s got six indies that were on my radar! (Atomicrops, Narita Boy, Neon Abyss, West of Dead, Fort Triumph, and Heaven’s Vault, for the record). But… I’ve already played my fill of the first four of those via Game Pass.

Really, that’s probably the biggest issue – Game Pass is outcompeting Humble in the same niche, and it just feels redundant most months. The pool of sufficiently good/noteworthy games whose developers haven’t yet heavily discounted them but are willing to put them in a bundle or subscription just isn’t big enough to go around. I recognize that Humble is in a tough spot, bear them no ill will, and am happy to keep pausing every month for the occasional good months, though.

It does, my problem is that I own all the interesting ones (to me) already!

For the most part I really don’t think folks here are wanting AAA’s from Humble (I know I’m not), we’re just looking for a different array of indies than we’re getting.

Humble recently announced they’re bringing a bunch of their upcoming titles to Gamepass, so I guess it hasn’t really been a problem for them.

I’ll probably pause for the same reason, but a couple of the other indies interest me.

I don’t consider them the same niche at all. Gamepass is renting you games. Humble is selling you games.

My feelings exactly! Dropped Game Pass for that reason as well.

I completely agree with that, but Game Pass is so cheap that I caved anyway.

I think giving away dupes has given me more smiles than discovering hidden gems. YMMV

While I agree that I prefer to own rather than rent, Game Pass gives me deadlines, which I appreciate. I don’t think I would have tried out Darksiders 3 if it wasn’t leaving Game Pass, and discovered how awesome it was. So when the game left, yes, I ended up buying it, but that’s okay by me. Finding really cool games, and then buying them is fine, it doesn’t lessen the value of game pass for me. It just makes it more likely that I’ll actually play them.

Whereas all these games I’ve accumulated in the last four months of having Humble Bundle. Will I ever play any of them? Who knows? I have the rest of my life as a deadline, right? Now, given my high likelihood of a heart attack, that’s probably not all that long, but one never thinks that way when picking games to play.

I don’t believe I’ve ever actually installed a game from Humble Bundle, off the top of my head. Shrug, I know, it’s a sickness.

I’m the opposite. Having a deadline gives me anxiety/FOMO. In my broken brain, it works the same as having a subscription to an MMO - if I’m not playing the MMO at all times then I’m wasting my sub! I would do the same with gamepass - trying to play all the things because ‘omg they are rotating out’.

Like stusser, it is a sickness just in a completely different way.

None of these games appeal to me to play home on TV, but I will get it for some Steam Deck gaming.

I don’t know this genre apparently since all these games look like stinkers to me and are not even worth the $8 they offered it to me for.

“This genre” is actually a number of them as far as the games go.

But I know the feeling of looking at the list and going “man, whoever picks these just does not share my tastes AT ALL.”

Team Never Paused, Probably Never Will here.

For me part of the thrill is getting stuff that I normally wouldn’t get. And getting stuff that I might get one day.

It only sucks when they add multiplayer only games, because it’s usually stuff that’s already half or full dead by the time it gets to the Bundle, and I’m not too keen on multiplayer only games even when they’re well populated.