Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Yes, exactly. When multiple months go by when it isn’t even worth $8 for 12 (or 10, this month) games, that makes me think Humble Bundle may not be for me.

But I’m grandfathered in and pausing is no big deal, so I’ll continue doing it in the hopes that eventually, some day, they have something I find worthwhile.

That’s true, but putting not one, but three Early Access games on the bundle is more a negative, not a positive. Due Process, Wrath Aeon and SimpleRockets2.

I mean, realistically you could probably get that type for title for about 12 bucks at least once per month by browsing sales (say, by checking gg.deals), and it would probably be less mental overhead while also saving you a few bucks

Random aside: I tried 112 Operator from last month’s bundle and it was actually quite fun. Going to check it out some more.

When I saw this bundle, I said ‘motherfuckers’…

Because the average quality and my interest on them is just enough to buy it, no more. It has some games I don’t have interest in, like House Flipper and SimpleRockets2, some games I didn’t like , as Project Wingman, and one I wanted (Wrath Aeon) together some games I may like (Wingspan, TimeLie).
The bad news is that I bought Wrath Aeon on the last EGS Halloween sale, with the $10 discount. So once I remove that one, my interest on the bundle drops just enough to make it not worth it.

I could theoretically refund the game on EGS and get this bundle, but I would lose the $10 discount in the process, barely winning back 6€, so don’t think it’s the most obvious action, money wise.

edit: I cannot refund it, I bought it 15 days ago and the limit is 14 days lol.

Oh, I didn’t see that the new month dropped.

I’ve been right on the edge of buying PW after getting into Ace Combat, and my buddy has been badgering me to get House Flipper. Everything on offer is on my radar so… more of these bundles please!

It hasn’t. This is from Reddit and may be wrong.

It dropped 3 hours ago, that’s the bundle:

Oh, I forgot they moved to Tuesday. The original post just cited Reddit. Sorry!

The only difficult decision Humble gives me anymore is between pausing (again) and hoping they might actually have a month that’s worth it or just cancelling my classic plan. Each month it gets harder to pause.

This is another pause for me. I don’t have time to play the things I know I want to play (and already have, in most cases) so no point in spending money for stuff I could be vaguely interested in if I checked it out.

When they were still throwing in a AAA game every month (Planetfall, Control, Sniper Elite IV, Rise/Shadow of the Tomb Raider etc.) there were a number of months where I actually hadn’t bought said game, but it was on my radar, so I figured, for $12 why not. If this is the way they’re going from here on out what’s the point.

House Flipper is a terrific game for what it does, but one thing it won’t do is challenge your competitive instincts. It’s pretty easy to simply just sink a few hours into as a de-stresser.

With that said, I already own it, so…yep, pass.

Yesssssss TURNIP BOY!

But the rest… Ugh. I think I will pause.

I already got Turnip Boy on Switch (it’s alright, but I’m much less enthused than the RPS writeup that sold me on it). But for anyone who wants it and isn’t thrilled with the rest of the bundle, GOG has it for $3 at the moment.

I joke because I want to try it , but I’d also never pay more than $1 to do so.

Any particular reason? There’s nothing egregiously wrong with the exploration/puzzle/combat gameplay as far as I’ve noticed. It’s basically a GBA-era Zelda with a silly premise and writing.

I can understand having no interest in that prospect, but if it appeals to you enough to install it in the first place, why balk at $3?

Three games I’m definitely interested in (Project Wingman, SimpleRockets 2 and Wingspan—supposedly an excellent port of the board game), but I totally get people being quite un-thrilled by the selection.

my thoughts as well, what’s the point if no AAA game…that’s what i signed up for.

Just use to cheap indie games from other bundles. And my threshold is $1 per game.

Honestly, I’m thinking they somehow want to shed “grandfathered” Classic people like me by getting us to cancel membership, because we’re just not profitable. Of course, in the fine print there’s almost certainly something that says they can dump us for any reason whatever at any time, or make it so if we cancel three months in a row we lose Classic status, but they want us to leave of our own volition to avoid bad PR.