Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Absolutely.

Thanks. I should look and see if you’ve streamed it at some point.

New bundle tomorrow right?

I guess. I for one am super, super, excited.

Yep, unless they hired someone else to pick the games. Honestly I think they’re trying to get us legacy Monthly/Choice people to quit without the bad PR they’d get if they just announced we wouldn’t get the $12/month deal.

Eh, it’s worth holding onto, in my opinion. There are maybe three or four decent bundles a year, and given what I pay for them, they more than justify the staggering hassle of clicking pause once a month.

Yeah, it’s not a big deal to remember to Pause (now, as you write, at least 2/3 to 3/4 of the time) for the occasional bundle that actually has something you’ve heard of and actually want.

But you have to click like five times! It’s an unbearable burden.

(I have paused all but I think two months…)

Yeah, you really do have to confirm it several times. More than twice.

Humble is the only game I play in ironman mode.

At this point we’re all so conditioned to it that if they really wanted to get rid of all of us legacy Choice folks they could just slip “Would you like to just cancel Humble Choice altogether?” into the half dozen “Are you sure you want to pause a month?” splash pages and we’d click YES without even reading it.

“No backsies!” ;-)

I resemble that remark

Ebeneezer Scrooge opens his windows and throws open the shutters to a gloriously sunny but cold morning, and spies a lad running past his front gate:

You there, boy!
Who, me?
Yes, you! Tell me, what day is it today?
Why, it’s Humblemas Day, Sir!

<HRose’s blog>Shockingly, all the games in the December bundle suck.</HRose’s blog>

Going through the list one game at a time, at first I was dismayed at the number of multiplayer games near the start of the list, but after that, there’s quite a few neat sounding indie games. The big AAA headliner is Maneater.

No comments? It seems the best bundle of the last four months, imo*
*not that ‘best from the last four months’ means a lot…

https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/december-2021/

When I saw Mordhau I rolled my eyes, because I know I won’t ever play it (fame of being super hardcore mp game), and that’s one of the ‘star games’ of the bundle.
Beyond the Wire reads as ‘dead servers game’, being a indie ww1 mp fps game.
I have no interest in the two point & click adventure games.

But the rest seems pretty goo:

I was interested in buying Voidigo, I have posted a pair of updates of it in the roguelite thread, so just seeing it here made me think about buying the bundle this month. 99-100% positive reviews.
Endzone - A World Apart seems a decent strategy/sim/survival game. 89%
Partisans is a Commandos style game. 85%
Greak* is an action/platformer game, nice art. 88%
8doors the same, but medtroidvania style, with a black/red aesthetic. 88%
Fling to the Finish seems fun to play with my niece on local coop. 85-96%

So that’s six game whose genres and trailers made me think that it’s possible I will like them, and all of them are in the 80-85% positive reviews or more. For me the ‘minor’, non-headliner games save the pack. Enough to buy it.

HRose’s blog is never wrong. Only game on the list I want (and didn’t already have on Game Pass) is Lacuna, and it’s $16 full-price.

Another loser from Humble Bundle. Thanks for nothing, fellas.

Is it because you haven’t heard of them before? I’ve certainly not heard of any of these games (except Maneater, which is on Gamepass, and Survivalists, which has seen free weekends on GwG). But their descriptions make quite a few of these sound pretty cool. See Turin’s post above.

I think for once HRose’s blog is wrong!

Considering Endzone is probably worth the price on its own (from all I’ve heard), and just statistically I’ll enjoy a few more, I think this month is probably worth it for me.