Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I’m interested in Partisans 1941, but yeah, Mordhau is online hardcore PVP only, right? Don’t know if Maneater would really hold my interest, unless it has a really engaging gameplay loop.

Haven’t investigated the others. This may be one I buy.

Don’t forget to check for demos. I’ve just remembered I played the Survivalists demo and didn’t like it, although I can’t remember why. Makes the choice harder…

Endzone and Partisans was just enough to interest me with the €4 off offer.

No, I looked at each one and determined I didn’t want them.

That’s a $40 game from a 50 person studio. There’s no reasonable way to call it AAA 🙂

Lacuna wasn’t really worth playing.

Easy pass. That’s 7 in a row.

Correct, Maneater is an A title at best. Higher-profile small game.

This seems to be a bit of a step up from the recent average. Enough to at least not insta-pause. Endzone, Greak, 8Doors, and Voidigo all seem potentially interesting at first glance, so will wait for any positive impressions of them.

Let’s see.

Maneater - Trash. Maybe funny for an hour.
Mordhau - Not interested, but could be a pretty good game for others.
Endzone - A forum favourite. Seems like a good and inspired game for RTS fans.
Partisans 1941 - The reviews say it’s a competent Commandos style game. With Russian difficulty. The controls apparently could have used another iteration. I guess my backlog would like it.
Beyond the Wire - WW1 MP Shooter? Get off my lawn!
The Survivalists - Sequel to The Escapists. Reviews are quite mixed. Not interested.
Lacuna - I’m a sucker for everything noir, enjoy sci-fi and can tolerate adventure games. I guess that makes it a yes. Steam likes the game, but not much else to find.
8 Doors - A metroidvania. Probably okay, but I’m not interested.
Greak: Memories of Azur - Basically like Lost Vikings. Seems solid, but I’m not interested.
Fling to the Finish - Coop racing. No thanks!
TOHU - Another adventure. PC Gamer praises the artwork and thinks the game is pretty good. A “maybe” for me.
Voidigo - An action-rogue-like. 99% positive on Steam, but I don’t care.

I’m not sure. Looks like a mixd bag to me. Better than the last bundle though.

Watching a let’s play of Partisans 1941 and that looks like my jam. Endzone might be cool too, and we’ll see about the rest.

I really like that someone is getting a lot of fun out of the program still. I mean, I wish it was me, but I’ll settle for you. :)

I’ve found that two of the three headliners (Mordhau and Maneater) don’t excite me at all this month, but the bundle makes up for it with the other games on offer. For me, three games for the scrap heap, everything else looks good. The only other game I won’t bother with is Beyond the Wire.

Edit: I still feel a little disappointed though, but that stems from the ‘headliners’ being out of touch with my gaming tastes. Looking through previous bundles, it was only at the start of the year do I look at the bundles and feel a sense of excitement with what was on offer.

Awe yeah, hope everyone enjoys this, that do choose to get it this month.

I’ll sub this month, for Maneater and Lacuna for sure.

Partisans looks really neat.

I was all set to pause, but now I’m interested in Endzone. That may be it though so I’m not sure if I’ll pull the trigger - maybe!

Look at this screenshot of Endzone, how can you say no? Thats back from when i played it in early access.

I’ve never played a game where the HUD indicates a count of Adults and Children.

I might have to install it just to find out what the heck is up with that.

Exactly! The day will cometh when Steam and ets elk will burn and CD/DRM free games will be the new currency.

That or retirement on a fixed income. Either way, backlog for the win!

As long as you can keep getting parts for your old rig, sure (alas, not all games keep playing nice with newer OS versions, hardware and drivers).

My problem is I was unemployed for nearly a year due to the pandemic and I didn’t really increase my gaming time, so when I gaze at my immense backlog I realize that retirement is unlikely to make a dent in it.