Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Two things:

First, the F*ck Cancer Bundle is WAS not bad at all if you don’t own most of the games (I only had Brothers and Little Nightmares). I mainly picked it up for the Homeworld Remastered Collection (that apparently doesn’t have the prodigal Cataclysm-now called Emergence–BTW did that get remastered or just found and republished?) and Deserts of Kharak, but WWZ: Aftermath is a good get as well.

Second, yet another reminder to Pause (or as they’re calling it now, “Skip”) if that’s what you want to do. It’s buried in the account settings menu from what I’m reading.

Yeah, they removed the subscription management link from the Humble Choice page. Took me a while to find the new location. Borderlands 3 is a great game but I already have it, so I paused for yet another month.

I went into settings and skipped a month! It’s so nice to be able to do that now without losing the whole deal. I can skip forever now if I want. Phew!

Did you manage to do it in time? Today was the day they auto-charged.

A week from now we get to see what’s coming for next month.

This is a pretty great e-book deal for a bunch of books from Boss Fight Books:

The one on Spelunky by Derek Yu is a frankly priceless account of the creative process of making video games. (And I don’t even like Spelunky!)

I just got an email asking me to restart Humble Choice, and it had an image of this month’s games (spoilered just in case anyone’s looking forward to the official reveal?):

Nice sneak reveal! Official day is next Monday right? Wish they just made it the first of the month.

Ehh, I think it will be my first pause under the new model! :P

I already played some levels of Desperados 3 in Gamepass. I already have Police Stories (actually pending to play, as so many more), the only one I’m interested is the city builder, Nebuchadnezzar. And it isn’t like I’m dying to play it, it would go to the pending queue.

Unless they moved it, it’s the first Tuesday of the month, i.e. today.

And if that reveal’s accurate it’s an easy buy for me. I don’t have ME:LE yet and I’m very interested in Nebuchadnezzar (especially after the patches).

Yeah, ME alone is enough to get me to buy in. Everything else is just along for the ride.

That top row alone makes this an easy buy.

Is the Mass Effect the entire trilogy?

Yep and all DLC. I’d buy this bundle if I didn’t already have that.

Fantastic bundle. If that Mass Effect is steam version then I heavily regret buying it on steam.

Yeah, if that’s actually the bundle it seems to me the decision tree is just “Do you want LE, but not have it yet?” If “yes” buy the bundle, if “no” probably skip it, because the overwhelming bulk of bundle value is in that one (well, three) game(s).

As someone that’s been meaning to pick up LE but hasn’t gotten to it yet, this is a hell of a bargain for me, though it’s so good I’m suspicious it might be a fake out.

I can understand that but man, if it’s not the Steam version I’m going to be pretty pissed off. :)

fwiw I got the same email too, and was confused about why I got it before i even woke up.

I just finished playing Mass Effect LE through gamepass. It was great going through it again, and I got to experience some of the dlc that I never bought in the past. Was also nice having native controller support instead of jury rigging it with mods.

Good to know. Honestly, it’s just one of those things that “scratched the part of my brain that doesn’t allow good to exist without condition” if you know what I mean.

Mass Effect is on game pass, otherwise this would be an instant buy for me. Honestly it probably still is, $8 to get it permanently alongside a bunch of rando garbage seems reasonable.

The Mass Effect key is for Origin, not Steam. Everything else is Steam.

And it’s not Chicken Police, but a game called Red Solstice 2 instead. Too bad–much more interested in the former.

I bought into this despite owning Desperados 3 on Epic and knowing Mass Effect is going to be on Game Pass presumably very long term (part of the EA Play deal). Regardless, I’ve had ME on my list to finally play since the remaster came out, so I don’t mind owning it. And Desperados 3 is a masterpiece, so doesn’t hurt to have on Steam.

It’s actually the three indies at the end of the list that I’m most interested in. I know Nebuchadnezzar released too early, but I’m hopeful that it’s turning into a worthy Impressions-like. I’d never heard of Police Stories or Evan’s Remains, but one is SWAT-meets-Hotline-Miami and the other actually sounds like it has a compelling story, so I’m down for those. And I’ll probably give Nickelodeon All-Stars a try with the family. (I expect I’ll remain curious about Man of Medan but too scared to play it.)

Not the greatest bundle ever, but I’ll take it.