Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I’m not fan enough of Mass Effect to buy the Remastered edition (I already have the three games, the three of them picked for cheap),I don’t even plan to replay it any time soon. And the pc version of the Remastered edition are a bit less impressive than the console one (I mean, we already could play at higher resolutions and framerate).

That’s fine with me, since I assume the Steam version just launches Origin anyway.

I own all three Mass Effect games on PC but only some of the DLC, but have only played a substantial portion of ME 1, and a bit of ME 2, and boy does the first one look rough these days, and the second one on Steam kept making me sign into my Origin account during every session, so I never got very far. So $8 for the whole shebang remastered (if they’re still doing the “don’t pause” bribe) is not too shabby.

I assume Desperadoes is some kind of Western game?

Desperados III, Mass Effect LE, and Nebuchadnezzar is a superb haul. I’ve been eyeing Desperados III at $20 for a while, so I’m all in for this month.

Desperados is a real-time tactics game with a western theme, yeah. It’s the same kind of game as Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, if you ever gave that a try. Or Commandos, if you remember that 90s franchise.

They control like real-time strategy games, but you have very few units that are all unique, each with a particular role–the sniper, the assassin in disguise, the strongman, etc. And a lot of the game is about stealth and picking off enemies without getting noticed as you creep through the levels. You can cue up orders for your team members and then hit a button to have them execute them in sync with each other. Desperados 3 is probably the pinnacle of this style of game.

I can confirm that trying to pause still gets a $4 coupon, if you paused the previous month.

Thanks. I paused for the lackluster games of last month so that’s good news.

Good bundle, would refrain from pausing again.

Oops, I was so enthusiastic about this one I forgot to do the pause dance. Ah well, this one is legitimately worth full price to me, so it’s hard to mind too much.

That said, I’m glad that’s still a thing, there have been several months where I could justify $8 but not $12.

Damn. I tried pausing and didn’t get a discount. I had just switched my sub to monthly last month and had been paused for a couple of months now.

In for Mass Effect, and some of the other games like Desperado look worth trying out for me.

edit: whoops, never mind. I still have a few months left on my annual subscription. That’s probably why.

Jeez, don’t scare me like that! ;-)

Hah, I never forget a deal!

Wow, it worked! I said skip, and they said here’s $4 to stay! Nice.

When you spend those four dollars on hookers and blow, think of me fondly.

I was only offered $2 to not pause, clearly rock8man is more loved by humble.

Wow, those err, goods and services must have gotten a lot cheaper during the pandemic, I guess!

Depends on your standards.

Don’t worry, I am the least loved as I have never been offered money for pausing (because they already have my money from an annual subscription). Woe.

Just to clarify, it does (minimized). Only functional difference is you get Steam achievements.

Wow! I’ve been hovering over the trigger on Mass Effect LE for months now, every time it hits $25 or so on sale. Now I can grab it, plus Desperados III and six other titles for $12, maybe less if I do the pause dance? Instabuy!

Easily the best month of Humble Choice in the past year or more.