Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

It’s a remake, yes.

Suzerain is really interesting, FOR SURE. I’ve either got everything else I’m interested in already, unfortunately, and Suzerain sits in my library waiting for me to find the time to play it.

Chicken Police!

I think half of these “animals as people” games are made by furries. “Not that there’s anything wrong with that,” as the Seinfeld crew would say.

I’ve never heard of most of the games in this bundle (including the headliner!) and I’ve got too many games and too little time as it is, so it’s going to be a pause unless people have something really strong to say in favor of one or more of these.

Only 8 games, and I’m not interested in any of them. Shrug, no skin off my nose.

Perhaps this will change a few people’s minds.

I think I have that, is the thing.

Insta-pause for me, 5/8 repeats from other services.

Monster Sanctuary is like pokeyman. A few forum people liked it. I haven’t gotten far enough to say yay/nay yet.

I didn’t like playing Destroy All Humans, Ghostrunner or Shinobi Striker, but that’s okay. They’re still cool.

Yeah, still not interested. I can see the quality and the appeal for some, in a “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” kinda way. But that one had old-school animation, Christopher Lloyd, Bob Hoskins and Kathleen Turner as Jessica Rabbit (yowza).

I might still get it for Ghostrunner, or at least see if Ghostrunner is available at a better price eventually.

Ghostrunner was a giveaway on gog and I haven’t even booted it up. Insta-pause for me.

Ah, that was it. Maybe I have it on there if I snagged it in time. If so, then yeah, pausing.

Ghostrunner is really good.

No, I just found it quite difficult with a controller, so when I hit a part I had to repeat like 20 times, I called it quits. Ymmv.

I hear you, especially if (as I suspect) it only has checkpoint saves. Still, I’ve ascertained that I have it on GOG so it can’t hurt to try it.

Same. Plus I can play Destroy All Humans on Game Pass. Never heard of the other games.

Apparently I don’t actually have Chicken Police or Suzerain. Could have sworn I did. So, Monster Sanctuary refund and Choice purchase it is!

Indeed, under the new régime, the discount resets at 10% and doesn’t get back to 20% till you’ve been buying the bundle for a year. I bought last month’s but this one is definitely a pause, so too bad so sad (having bought last time around I won’t even get the “please don’t pause” bribe).

I can guarantee you, the main reason so many indie games do animal-headed characters, even when their themes are serious and settings are otherwise realistic is almost always because trying to animate human faces talking either takes huge technical and artistic resources or you end up belly-flopping into the uncanny valley. It’s less distracting to have a rooster flap its beak.

They don’t seem to realize that this means I’m less likely to buy anything from the Humble Store.