Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I hadn’t noticed, but Monster Sanctuary is also on Game Pass.

And Talos is on this bundle for cheap.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-slayer-bundle-5

And suddenly I want to play “Smaug: Chicken Detective” in all its zoologically correct glory.

I remembered to pause last night. Phew!

You have until April 26th…

I’m a forgetful person. It’s still a relief.

Plus now that the 20% discount is gone, there’s little reason to wait for the last minute.

I just set a reminder every month for 1 day before the next renewal. Very quick with siri or google assistant.

I’m new to this pausing thing. Remember I was on a program where if I ever paused, I’d lose my $12 a month price and would go back to the default $20 or whatever the normal price was. Being able to pause is aces!

Luckily there isn’t any more to it than setting that reminder every month! You do that, you’re gold.

In Google Calendar, I have a recurring reminder before the last Tuesday of each month.

There was a time when I set a lot of google calendar reminders at work. Like at the end of the month, pay this vendor, before the 25th, do the taxes for the state, on such and such date, submit this paperwork to this insurance agency every year. And slowly but surely, all those reminders stopped working. I’m not sure why. The only one I still get is the one at the end of every month to pay that one vendor. I still get that one, and we hardly ever use that vendor anymore, so it’s the least useful reminder I ever set!!!

On my personal Google calendar, I also set a lot of birthday reminders, and some of those I still get, but most seem to be gone. I don’t really understand it.

I really miss Sunrise. I started using them because Microsoft bought them, so I downloaded their app the day that I heard that news. And I think I used them for a year or something before Microsoft shut them down, and that was wonderful. Perfect calandar interface, and I never failed to get a reminder. I wish Sunrise was still around. Apparently they integrated it into Outlook, but I could never get Outlook to work for me in a similar way.

Perhaps you are really bad at using google calendar?

Probably! I was really good at using Sunrise though, so i’m going to blame it on Google Calendar’s interface. :)

I’m confused on why all the complexities of reminders. When it unlocks, you look at it and if it’s not worth buying you skip the month right then?

Is there a reason to wait until the last minute to pause? I haven’t seen choice options change at least.

And what if you forget to look at it?

Or, you look at it work, and you forget to look at it when you get home.

Doesn’t having your sub active also allow other discounts in the store? That’d be one reason to wait.

Also, weren’t some people getting automatically unpaused back into the current month without their knowledge? I seem to remember that was an issue for a while.

I usually pause a few days beforehand.

Don’t worry, this thread will remind you dozens of times!

(Me, I just cancel it outright after the one bundle per year that I get tricked into buying into the backlog.)

Pausing at the last minutes meant you had the discounts in the store, but that has “mostly” gone due to the new changes. As such, I’m in the “pause immediately” group now whereas I always used a reminder.

Whew, I almost missed the opportunity to pause this month. at 11:22 PDT on the last evening. They almost got me!

They’ve gotten me several times - the best was having a credit card that no longer worked, billing would just fail and I’d never forget to pause. But then one month I wanted the offerings and now they got my good credit card on file