Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Is Hired Gun good? The reviews are not overwhelmingly positive, but it might be the saving grace of this bundle for me.

It’s AA DOOM 2016, basically, in a very cool looking space-grunge environment. Also you get a dog. Certainly worth $12 as part of a bundle if that sounds at all interesting.

It does, thanks. I am likely to grab it.

This bundle is a steal if you don’t have Deep Rock Galactic already. I already do but I’m somewhat interested in Necromunda Hired Gun, so I’ll probably bite for two months in a row.

First bundle in a while where I don’t have any of the games. I’m in!

Deep Rock is so good that I don’t care I already own it. I’ll have a key for someone else in the family to force them to play with me.

For those disappointed about the DLC being offered only as a coupon, note that the DLC is all cosmetic only and more of a show-of-support to Ghost Ship Games. I’m biased, I consider it a headliner.

I actually paused (again). DRG is great of course, but I have it. I tried the Necromunda game past year, and it didn’t click with me.
The rest… they aren’t enough to make me jump and buy the bundle, as I’d say I have a few dozens (ok… hundreds) games like those in my pending queue in Steam/EGS/Amazon/Gamepass.

I’m glad there are people excited about this bundle! It’s all too grimdark for me this month. Banners of Ruin is kind of intriguing, but that’s it. (I played Yes, Your Grace on Game Pass and quit due to too many bugs.)

I am playing that Necromunda game and apart from the super annoyingly high FOV, dumb interface and nonsense story… it is really good, I love its world design and atmosphere. It is my first Warhammer 40K game but I dig the nasty grunginess of it.
Enjoying it more than Doom Eternal tbh.

You say “high FOV” so you mean greater than 90 degrees or something? Usually it’s narrow FOV that makes me queasy after a bit.

Yes, this is probably the only game in history whose problem is not low FOV, but high FOV. The default and lowest value is 110 horizontal, which is insane. And you can modify it in menu - only upwards.

So everything looks like it is a bit zoomed out and there is a fisheye effect a bit.

Yeah, that bothered me a lot. It made me not like the game when I bought it at launch. I returned it.

Maybe your character is an unclean mutant with Emperor-cursed FOV?

I haven’t tried it myself, but this supposedly allows you to set the FOV manually: How to Change FOV in Necromunda: Hired Gun - MGW | Video Game Guides, Cheats, Tips and Walkthroughs

PSA to pause if you don’t want to be auto-charged tomorrow.

Oh wow, thanks! I still haven’t decided. If @Paul_cze can get over the fish-eye lens view of Hired Gun, maybe I can as well?

Skipped!

Yeah, me too. Already have DRG and I can wait for Necromunda.

New bundle:

Well, I’m in for Hot Wheels at an all time low price, everything else is gravy. And that’s good, because with the exception of Plague Tale I have no idea what any of the rest of that is. Weird to see a game I’m totally unaware of (Ascent) in the top spot - did I miss something? It’s been a weird few years.

Tempting. I should have played The Ascent, Plague Tale, Omno on game pass, but I didn’t play them much. (I played each enough to know I liked them a lot).

Hot Wheels Unleashed, In Sound Mind, Emily is Away all got great reviews as well.

I’ll have to look into Mind Scanners and Gas Station Simulator.