Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

This month’s charity is the National Network of Abortion Funds, which is great to see (aside from the fact it’s needed at all), but I wonder how strong any backlash will be.

Yeah, passing as many games are already on game pass.

The Ascent is totally worth it at that price, jumping in for the rest as I own none of them.

I guess I still have a collector mentality. “Hey, I enjoyed these on game pass, I should own them”.

Another skip. I’m going to beat a record.

It’s funny, time ago I remember saying to ‘pausers’ that they were hyperbolic, that this or that game were good so for the price it was perfectly acceptable to buy. And here I am pausing and pausing.

Let’s see the list.

The ‘big’ title, The Ascent. Even I forget for a moment it’s in GP, I have to say that the gameplay didn’t click for me. Beautiful graphics, but I really didn’t have much fun with it.

A Plague Tale. Another game I played and didn’t like it. This one, despite having so many high ratings, as you can see in that logo, and being liked by fans. It was so damn linear! Yes, it’s a linear game, that’s almost the ‘genre’, but in this case in comparison with other similar games, I felt this one didn’t even disguise it properly, there was no attempt to fool the player. It felt -narrow-. And well, other elements like stealth or puzzles were nothing to write home about, the player interaction was as much as one button thing as the movement itself.

Gas Station Simulator. Just no.

Omno. I completed it already, on GP. And while is a fine game, it isn’t that good as wanting to have a permanent copy.

In Sound Mind. I have it (and it was gifted already by Epic, I shouldn’t have paid for it! :P).

Emily is away. I have one of those on Steam, and I didn’t play and honestly I doubt I will ever do it.

Only Mind Scanners and Hot Wheels remain. They seem decent games, but after all the other ‘negatives’, I am not motivated to buy the bundle.

Ugh, I really did not care for Omno, and that should be totally up my alley. The gameplay was acceptable, but the look of it just does not work for me… I want Hot Wheels and a few others though, so I’m in.

And HB needs to drop these simulators. Cater to ME!!

If I loved any of the titles I might be in the same boat. I played like an hour of the Ascent. Great presentation, didn’t love the gameplay.

It’s funny, this is my third pickup in a row, which is (I think) a record for me.

I seem to have missed that one entirely, I don’t even recall having heard of it. Hopefully that means I’m in for a pleasant surprise?

As far as I can tell Hot Wheels has never been cheaper than $25 anywhere, so this is a pretty great deal even if that’s all one cares about.

I hope so, it’s so fun. And funny.

Yep, I’m finally back in! Hot Wheels and the Gas Station simulator looks right up my street. Anything else is a bonus.

Gamepass does reduce my interest a lot since I finished Ascent there already (and it was awesome, best Diablo-like since D2 for me). And Plague Tale on that EA thing.
But…I think I want to own these on Steam so I will probably get it anyway. Hot Wheels might be fun.

I cancelled to see what discount they would give me and they offered $3 off so I bit for $9 + taxes.
Hot Wheels looks good and I would rather own The Ascent on Steam.

Only $3? The cheap bastids used to give $4.

They’re gettin’ wise to our little strategies.

Or maybe that should read “Dey’s gettin’ wise…”

I think that actually went up $1. I believe if you had purchased the previous months Choice and decided to pause, the “but wait, what if?” discount was formerly $2 off. It’s only if you were paused the previous month, then choose to pause a second month in a row, that they offer up the $4 discount. I could be wrong, but that’s how I remember it working.

That said, I purchased last month and am a definite pause this month. Just not enough that I am interested in this time around…and pausing sets me up for $4 off again should September prove as fruitful as the July bundle did. 5D Bundle Chess.

I got last month for half price after being cancelled for a couple of the previous months.

Yeah, the cheap bastids only offered me $2.

Way I always thought it worked was if you paused the previous month and tried to pause again, they would offer $4 off. Otherwise you get no offer at all.

Maybe it varies based on your plan, I have the grandfathered one.

Gas Station Simulator was surprisingly good. It’s a combination of the usual ‘Whatever Simulator’ janky nonsense, time management, and base building that I found really compelling. You start with a tiny abandoned gas station and slowly build it into a large, bustling travel plaza. As it grows, more and more customers show up needing attention, leading to a balancing act of priorities.

I got 15 hours out of it at the launch price and thought it was money well spent.

Where does the seed money come from? Do you take a small business loan that has to be paid back? Or do you start with your own money? And do you own the station or do you rent it from a landlord?