Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

The leak was right

This is the list of full games

Good mix. Now I can be confused and disappointed by Crusader Kings 3 just like its predecessor.

In for eight buckaroos!

Descenders was in there, too? Fantastic.

So the Just Cause 4 Complete Edition key is actually for Just Cause 4 Reloaded, which doesn’t include any expansions or DLC. This is obviously bullshit.

I’m sure other people will complain about this and Humble Bundle won’t do jack shit. Why can’t they get this right? It’s illegal to advertise one thing and sell another.

Descenders is fantastic. That’s totally a get if you don’t have it already.

The way they present it on the site, it has to be a mistake that it’s not the complete edition, because it’s one thing to just say Complete, it’s another to tell you with DLC you’re getting.

Indeed. Humble needs to fix this. And they need to improve their processes because it seems to keep happening.

For Just Cause 4, even it listed as Just Cause 4 Reloaded, but if you check your owned DLC area, it appears you should have all 16 DLC listed as owned including expansion pass.

You’re absolutely right, Storz, thanks. I wonder why the separate Complete Edition SKU still costs an additional $69 when it offers literally nothing?

In for Naheulbeuk, CrownTrick, and Descenders. Shapez has real potential too. The two headliners, meh, I didn’t even like JC2 so I wouldn’t expect to like JC4, and despite my general adoration for all things Paradox I never found a way to like CK2 no matter how hard I tried so I’d honestly planned to skip 3 entirely.

Those of you who like Descenders, can you help me out? I just couldn’t figure out how to jump on the castle things in the tutorial.

I couldn’t get very far in Descenders either (much prefer Lonely Mountains: Downhill). Already have JC4 Complete (gotta stop buying games that end up in bundles!) and honestly don’t have time for something like Crusader Kings III or to learn what those other games are about (how do you even pronounce Naheulbeuk?). Guess I’m saving my money again this month.

Heresy!

Different strokes, I guess. I did have some quibbles about having to rebuy consumables all the time but man I loved its core gameplay loop.

I was like great, another pause, but they just haaaaaaad to put INDUSTRIA there. So now I have a dillema again.

It was just so empty. It had this huge, beautiful world and there was nothing to find and far too little to do. As you say, different strokes. I certainly wanted to like it.

It had a LOT of things to find. But those things didn’t have gameplay implications. You could grapple shute your way up the steep side of a mountain and discover a beautiful little temple with golden ornamentation and a gorgeous view. But there was no gameplay reason to be there. Same with exploring the city. Or the archipelago and the little islands. It was my ultimate chill game. The xbox 360 could play any music from my computer, so I would play some trance or dance tracks and just explore, explore, explore. I loved it.

I love Microsoft Flight Simulator nowadays for the same reason, though I preferred Just Cause 2 slightly because I was much closer to the ground in my explorations. I fly low in Flight Sim, but I still don’t see the same level of detail that was in JC2. But at the same time, Flight Sim makes up for it by having the entire planet.

Right, I’d call that “failing to reward exploration.” But yeah, clearly it’s a matter of taste - personally if I’m going to explore a huge world I like there to be gameplay-relevant stuff to discover. Gotta get those dopamine hits. :)

Thinking about it, it also works for me if there are little story bits to find. What doesn’t work is if it’s just pure aesthetics and nothing else.

Re: JC2, I was mostly into it for the gorgeous vistas and for the action, and the silly thrill of blowing stuff up and having the police on the scanner which I’m magically tuned into raise the alarm then get frustrated when they’re hunting me and can’t find me. And in the last couple of games, the wingsuit is also silly fun.

Re: this bundle, the only games that might really interest me, apart from the one headliner that I already have (JC4) are Industria and maybe the retro shooter thing Forgive Me Father.

Crown Trick has some free DLC on steam.

I enjoy Descenders. I’m terrible at it, but it’s the fun kind of terrible. Undecided this month. I’ll fire up CK & Nahwhatever on gamepass and see if I like them enough to buy them.

The email also mentioned a game called Moonscars. It will be launching in two weeks in the choice app.

This, incidentally, is the longest continuous stretch of time I’ve ever been subscribed. I’ve bought June, July, August, and now September. In a typical year I only pick up around three bundles.

I might as well try 4, certainly - I own it now after all. :) Maybe it’ll grab me more than 2 did, who knows? I could certainly use light, dumb fun right now.

Similarly, while I wouldn’t have bought it if not for the bundle, maybe for some reason CK3 will click where CK2 never did. No harm in trying it, it’s free with the stuff I did want after all!