Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I’m vacillating over this month’s Bundle. I can get it for the $8.99 price if I threaten to pause, which would certainly make for a cheap Crusader Kings. But if history is any guide, I’ll probably end up staring at it in frustration for an hour and then never end up playing it again. That has me hovering over the pause button but also getting Forgive Me Father, Crown Trick and Dungeon of Naheulbeuk thrown in make me think that this month I might give it a go.

Yeah, I couldn’t find any advantages after the changes, so I canceled my classic annual plan and changed it to regular month by month.

Some day after I finally use up my remaining annual plan months, I can hopefully get those pause discounts that everyone else has been getting.

Leaked games for October:

Death Loop
Disciples: Liberation
Monster Train

I’m in if it’s right.

Oh nice, I’ve been eyeing Deathloop, and I can say the new Disciples game is pretty dang good.

I didn’t even know there was one - the last Disciples game I played was 2. Can you say a little more about it?

It’s a little more HOMM than classic Disciples but it works well, and the story is fun. I’m only a few hours in but I’ve been having a good deal of fun.

Here’s this month’s Choice offering. Two horror games? I’ve gotta think about this one…

Also two train games (sorta!)… Those are the most tempting to me.

Would Deathloop run like hot garbage on my machine, whose guts (an i7 6700, 16 GB DDR4 RAM running at 3000 MHz, IIRC) are a full five years old, apart from the RTX 3060 Ti video card?

What on Earth is Monster Train? Looks like a MOBA or something. I assume Disciples: Liberation is an HoMM-like.

It’s a deckbuilder like Slay the Spire. It’s good. I’ve sunk some hours into it.

Some good stuff here, but I already have Monstrer Train (which is awesome) and Railroad Corporation (which I’ve yet to try). For my purposes the major item of interest is probably Disciples. Deathloop is vaguely interesting but so are Dishonored and Prey both of which sit languishing in my backlog, and either of which is likely to run better on my geriatric rig.

I think I’m probably best served to skip (for the first time in 4 months!), but I really have no complaints here - it’s a good bundle, just not a good bundle for me.

Best month for me so far this year. Deathloop, Disciples, and Railroad Corp are all games I’ve been waiting to play.

Great, my regret at buying Deathloop at launch continues to grow.

Looks like a solid bundle, but between already having Monster Train, and Deathloop being on Game Pass, it’s really only Disciples for me. And I don’t know if I’d actually prioritize that over the other strategy games that I have waiting for me to get around to, so I’ll probably pass.

Reminder that Deathloop is currently available on GamePass.

Also, the game is currently prone to crashing, and given the way it saves, significant progress can be lost. Not sure if the crashing is a general problem with Deathloop, or only the version that’s on GamePass.

Disciples : Liberation and Railroad Corporation alone are worth my $8.00.

The best game of the pack, funnily enough.

An utterly brilliant roguelike deckbuilder.

I hear it’s being compared to Slay the Spire, which I never got into (mostly because 1. I found it depressingly ugly to look at and 2. I’m not sure I get “deck builders” anyway, since I never got into the analog equivalent in my younger years), so I’ll take your word for it. Does it have a good tutorial/onboarding (and is it not ugly AF)? If so maybe I’ll give it a chance. Better yet, does it have a demo so I can pass on the key if I just don’t get the appeal?

I liked it more than Slay the Spire, I will say that. It’s also a bit easier, on the first difficulty levels at least.
The art is slightly better, although I confess I wouldn’t say it’s particularly good art.