Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Wasteland 3 is supposed to be a big step up from 2. Maybe watch some videos to see if looks any good to you?

Four titles off my wishlist! Before they retooled the format, I’d go four months without seeing one.

I’ll certainly keep in mind to look at it in that light but, honestly, I’ve got several big RPG’s of this sort I’ve yet to find time for, so even if it does look like my cup of tea “skip” is (sadly) still the right move for me personally.

I do appreciate the note, though - I’d been totally ignoring W3 figuring it was more of the same.

Pretty solid month. I would have preferred Umurangi instead of Toem for the “photography game” slot, but I’ll take it!

This would be an awesome bundle if I didn’t already finish Wasteland 3 on gamepass and Greedfall on steam.

Wasteland 3 is awesome (8.5) - I actually finished it, unlike Wasteland 2, and enjoyed it throughout. Greedfall is good (7/10) - too much boring running around, but it has its moments and interesting setting.

Wasteland 3 is miles above Wasteland 2. As far as TBS party RPG it’s the best of the bunch recently that doesn’t follow a specific ruleset where it doesn’t have the baggage and benefits of the tabletop system it’s tied to.

Literally, everything is better in WL3. The writing, the story, the gameplay, the RPG elements, and the worldbuilding, voice acting, graphics, sound. The base game actually feels a little short after you get going, ending very satisfyingly but hungry for more. The 1st DLC adds just more, so it adds a good 6-10 hours of the same quality, while the 2nd they kind of muffed the challenge combat missions with some questionable design choices.

Huge thumbs up from an avid TBS/RPG gamer. Just as a teaser, here is the music for your first boss battle - Wasteland 3 - Washed In The Blood Of The Lamb (With Lyrics) - YouTube

I was going to buy Blade Assault on the last Steam sale and missed it. Since absolutely nothing else that interested me this month., if anyone wants to sell me their Blade Assault key please let me know!

If you don’t get any hits and you don’t mind possibly getting a grey market key, it’s available for ~$1.50.

https://www.kinguin.net/category/88346/blade-assault-steam-cd-key?cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&cjevent=de3cd2b2764d11ed819d009e0a1c0e12&r=25778&utm_campaign=Slickdeals%20LLC&utm_medium=4485850&utm_source=cj

Is today the last day to Pause? PSA and all that if it is.

I think I’m going to stay unpaused (although I’ll probably fake pause today for the discount). Never played a Wasteland game but for 8 bucks, why not.

BTW, was Signalis ever in a Choice bundle, anyone know?

Signalis doesn’t have a reason to be in a Humble Choice bundle, it’s part of the Humble Games Collection that Humble Choice members have access to.

Just install from here:
https://www.humblebundle.com/membership/collection

Ah, cool, thanks. It appears that it’s also (for now) on Game Pass.

Three games for January leaked:

Doom Eternal, OlliOlli World, Tribes of Midgard

If you somehow don’t already own doom that’s an amazing deal. But of course, we all do.

If those are the headliners that’ll be an easy skip. That’s something of a relief, I made the rookie mistake of buying some stuff in the Steam sale before tomorrow’s reveals and was worried I’d end up needing to return things.

Absolutely, I still have my copies of Doom AND Doom 2!

…or we tried it in gamepass, found it boring and uninstalled it :)

Gotta admit, I’m hella envious of anyone who lives such an action packed lifestyle they find Doom Eternal boring…

Oh it was on game pass? Didn’t know that. Worth buying otherwise, assuming you don’t already know you dislike it.

I don’t find it boring, I find it exhausting, I’ve tried it twice, and I’ve twice left it, the whole use all the guns, change guns several times a minute, get amo, get life, use your skills, holy fuck.

I’ll give it more tries, but I much prefer a differently paced game.

I think it’s fine to find Doom Eternal exhausting for those reasons. As well as not liking it for those reasons.

‘Boring’ though… Boring!

Like, am I missing out on some glorious FPS action somewhere that makes Doom Eternal feel like it’s glacially paced?! Coz I wanna play that! Right now!! (and don’t say Hyper Demon!)

Why are we talking about Doom instead of OlliOlli World?? Thrilled to see this in the mix!