Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

This is precisely me. I feel like this is a really strong bundle, just not a really strong bundle for me personally.

Yeah, I played a few hours of it on Xbox. Pretty enjoyable tactical roguelite, though unlike Into the Breach, it has substantial carryover between runs, which put me off a bit. Also, the aesthetics are kind of a lot, so I had to be in the right headspace to enjoy it.

What kind of game is Thronebreaker, anyway? From the Wikipedia description it seems it’s an RPG but with Gwent cards determining…stuff (battles?).

Adventure with a bit of rpg elements, travelling with a roaming army represented by the cards. I liked it.

It was mentioned by @RichVR that Fallout 76 is now very much in a playable state.

Might be worth revisiting.

I would say so. But I can’t speak to @stusser’s possible opinion.

Sigh…I wasn’t patient enough. Finally caved and bought Pathfinder during the holiday sales, and now it’s in the bundle.

I played Fallout 76 several months ago. It was still janky, a bit hard to make work with what we know of Fallout lore, but it was fun and Fallout feeling, even the dragons, they kinda made feel appropriate for Fallout.

Ooh i was going to buy Fallout 76 earlier. That and Thronebreaker and maybe Pathfinder might mean I’ll have to get it this month. I just got the fake pause bundle last month so I guess I would have to pay full price this month.

How is Pathfinder in terms of a meaty story and characters and world building?

It is a fairly comprehensive adaption of the tabletop adventure path of the same name Paizo released a decade ago. You will have plenty to read if you so choose.

When you unlock Fallout 76 you also get a copy of Fallout 1.

Neat! I didn’t have that on Steam before.

Two more games leaving the app.

A Hat in Time and the Wild at Heart.

You’ve got until March 15th to play those, and a reminder about the titles leaving tomorrow evening.

Curious if some of the games that were not included up to this point because they are newer and/or higher profile will now take up these slots. I’m thinking of Unpacking and maybe Temtem. But the looking at it, some of Humble’s newest games (Signalis, Ghost Song) are on the service, and plenty of obscure older ones (Ikenfell, Pop Up Dungeon, One Step From Eden) are not. Curious what their strategy is.

By the way, @Gigglemoo, where are you getting news of these games sunsetting?

It’s far down in their blog post about the monthly choice.

PSA: less than a week to go before auto-billing happens next Tuesday for the current Humble Choice. I’m almost certainly pausing again, myself.

Leaked games for March Choice:

• Jurassic World Evolution 2
  • Biomutant
  • Hero’s Hour

This is good for me, since I’ve been wanting to play Biomutant but was waiting for a big price drop due to mediocre reviews.

Ohhhh that third game is terrific. I expect the first game to be as empty as the company’s other, similar games.

Yeah, item #1 on that list holds no appeal, but I’m curious about 2 and 3. Honestly though, I may not be able to run #2 on this antique of mine.

How frantic is #3?

Once again, the leak was correct:

• Biomutant
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2
  • Edge of Eternity
  • Hero’s Hour
  • Rogue Lords
  • Demon Turf
  • Golden Light
  • Monster Crown

Pretty good month for me.