Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

That would be my question as well re Hero’s Hour. None of the others revealed today are at all appealing to me.

Yup another pass. Biomutant is the banner game and it was a notorious piece of shit. The rest are a mix of genres and settings I don’t enjoy; management sims, roguelikes, JRPGs, etc. Barf.

Yeah, whoever picks these must be a big “cutesy/anime games” fan because that seems to be like half of most bundles.

Somebody must be buying them, though, or they wouldn’t keep doing it.

Indeed. I’m not upset about it, lots of stuff doesn’t appeal to me. That doesn’t mean it should be banned.

Oh, I never called for a banning, either.

It’s not like I have a shortage of games in my library to play already. Not to mention those on Game Pass, plus Epic and Amazon freebies etc. Of all things I’ve gone back to No Man’s Sky now.

I have been interested in Monster Crown for some time, promising systems when in development, but I was scared away by the heavy negative reviews. Apparently the world is half-baked, but on top of that the bugs wreck the experience as a finished product. They should have included Siralim Ultimate or Disc Creatures instead.

As for the others, Golden Light was one of those games that was so opaque that I never bit, and Demon Turf has that 2D sprite in a 3D world thing that I find really sours the platforming experience for me. But I liked the Neon Splash spinoff enough that I will probably give it a chance.

For sure, didn’t mean to imply you did. Point is the world is full of weird and wonderful stuff I don’t give a shit about, and that’s a good thing.

I’ve heard good things from people I trust, though the Steam reviews definitely leave something to be desired.

Tom gave it 1 star, back in the days when he played video games!

Oof, so yeah, on investigation the only game here I’m interested in is Hero’s Hour, which looks pretty great. So the question is, is it worth it to get the bundle for just that one game?

If you only want Hero’s Hour, it goes on sale for cheaper at around $9. Also if you have Amazon Prime, you may already have gotten it for free not too long ago.

I can give you a key. I have the bundle, but already owned Heroes Hour, if you don’t already own it via the Amazon Prime deal that krushnine mentioned.

Oh, I should have it then…

It doesn’t seem a good bundle to me, either. The only one that interested me beyond Hero’s Hour is Demon Turf.

Once again a Humble Choice that is a very good value if even as few as two of the games on offer spark your interest. Unfortunately for me, only Heroes Hour looks mildly interesting and I can get it cheaper (or possibly free) elsewhere. Biomutant looks pretty, but I’m not really into that style of game, and I already own the first Jurassic Park Evolution and a big chunk of DLC for it, and have yet to even install it, so purchasing the sequel seems silly.

For the first time ever I was not offered a discount of any kind when I went through the skip dance, even though this is the third month in a row I have skipped. I wonder if they’ve finally done away with the enticements? If so that’s going to result in more skips, as every so often that discount from $12 to $8 is the difference maker for me saying YES to a month that might only have a single game I am really interested in.

That’s weird. I got the $4 off offer as normal when I paused. I can’t even remember the last time I didn’t pause, it was at least 3 months back.

I thought I’d just missed it this time but I, too, don’t recall seeing the usual discount and I’ve skipped the last three as well. I wonder what’s going on?

Same here. No offer of a discount this time.

So, is that Jurassic Park game play the same way as their Zoo game? I wasn’t too crazy about that one. Or is it completely different?

This is a great bundle…

I already have Control and Sable on EGS, but I will probably splurge for steam versions, plus Syberia is said to be fantastic.

I bought last month for Pathfinder. This month I was offered $2 not to skip as normal.