Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

That is an awesome bundle. Sadly I own most of it. Still, highly recommended for the price.

If anyone is interested in Call of the Sea but owns much of the rest, Call of the Sea will be the weekly FREE giveaway on Epic Games Store starting this Thursday.

Yeah, good bundle for people who don’t have any. I have three that I liked, two I didn’t like (Dreamscaper, Call of the Sea), I have no interest in the Syberia series, and the remaining two I could like (Prey for the Gods, Batora). Hell, it wouldn’t be crazy to pay 7e for each game.

Me three as they say. No reduced price come-on, nor survey to complete before pausing. And yes I do have Hero’s “I see what they did there” Hour as a freebie from Amazon Prime, which was the only one that I had even a remote interest in, and since it’s real-time, would probably suck at.

Hero’s hour is a turn base game with real-time battle, but you don’t really have to do anything. You just look at your little guy fighting. You can give move and attack command, but it’s not really necessary.

I suck at it because the AI always build bigger army than me, not because of the real time stuff.

Ah, OK, good to know. So it’s kind of unbalanced?

It’s like heroes of might and magic, but with the tactical turn base combat becoming an autobattler.

Lot’s of different race and units. You move around your stack of units capturing cities and resource point. Build up your town to produce more stuff. All of this is turn base.
When you encounter another stack you go into a fight. That part is real time. Most fight are over under 1 min. It’s like a big brawl. All your unit rushing toward the other guy.

You can cast some spell, and tell your unit to move there or change target, but it’s not really needed. You may same some unit from death if you are careful. But I feel it’s like a nice looking battle auto resolve. Not much reflex needed.

The game is pretty fun. I just wanted to point out that I wouldn’t call this it a RTS.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

So the Moturaries Assistant is the follow up to childhood’s board game of Doctor where the sides don’t buzz but instead inflict childhood truma or a love of halloween movies and horror games

Leaks for April:

Death Stranding Director’s Cut
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Rollerdrome

We got Death Stranding for free from Epic, but this is supposedly the Director’s Cut. I’m guessing Aliens is no fun as single player? Rollerdrome looks interesting from the reviews I saw before.

https://twitter.com/billbil_kun/status/1642498350338527232

Huh. I’m aware of Death Stranding but don’t really understand at all what its deal is or why it’s popular based on a description of the gameplay.

I was leery of Death Stranding but it was on GamePass when I was a subscriber so I gave it a whirl. Didn’t have time to finish it before my sub expired but I surprisingly really enjoyed it - I was also leery based on the description. It tapped into the “geometry breaking” part of my psyche, the one that tries to scale cliffs/mountains in open world games to find shortcuts/gain access to regions without the proper traversal tools - except here it’s actually what’s intended and you’re given tools for it. I feel like the momentum/acceleration/stability where you would accelerate downhill and if you go too fast you will start to fall over so you have to slow down and/or brace yourself was actually really intuitive, and might make for a great mechanic to handle falling down in a Battletech game if you also added recoil from the weapons.

The story is bonkers insane, and there is combat that is alright but that was what convinced me to put it down - felt like more a “take it at your own pace” kind of game rather than a “blaze through to finish before my GamePass expiry”. I did pick up the Definitive Edition upgrade for my free Epic version though so I do plan to go back to it!

So this is the one and only game that should actually be called a walking simulator, in short? That actually does sound kind of intriguing. Thanks for the write-up!

How quick we all are to forget QWOP.

It’s not so much that I forgot it as that I was never aware of it to begin with, but point taken. :)

April official:

Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Rollerdrome
Life is Strange 2: Complete Edition
The life and suffering of Sir Brante
Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp
Revita
Founders’ Fortune

Looking forward to Sir Brante - it’s been on my wishlist since @triggercut 's great review of it here:

Great bundle, shame I already finished DS DC and LiS2 (both well worth it).

I got Death Stranding free from Epic a while back, but I suppose it’s not the Director’s Cut? In any case I probably will never get around to playing it, because the story sounds super bonkers (but with Kojima, what does one expect?).

Does A:FT offer anything that I don’t already get with Aliens Colonial Marines (with the weird bug that affected the Xenomorph AI finally fixed)?

Life is Strange 2 is something I might be interested in, although I never finished LiS 1. Also the Sir Brante game.

AFT is an excellent 3-person co-op wave shooter with some story along the way.

Yep I’m in for eight dollars for sure. First time in like 6 months I didn’t skip.