Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I played it on PS4 up until I was getting ready to climb the mountain, I think.

You can play the Epic version on deck and from what I’ve heard it performs better there than the DC does.

Heroic Launcher. Makes Epic and GoG games on Steam Deck easy, though you do lose the control schemes other players might have made…

Apparently it runs better from the Epic launcher (run through steam) than Heroic, but I haven’t tried it yet. Heroic is ok but not the panacea it is often made out to be.

Nice. I’ll have to try out the other launchers sometime. I’ve only installed the Blizzard one before to try out WoW.

Yeah, I installed the Blizzard launcher to play D2R on the deck and it works great.

Well another month has come and gone and I’ve forgotten to pause again. I guess this month’s games are not bad? But then I’ve also missed out on getting my $4 discount so maybe I’ll end up asking for a refund. It sort of works out in the end but because of the conversion from CDN$ to US and back again I usually end up losing money for nothing. I really ought to just cancel instead of going through this monthly song and dance.

One of the first things I did was setup a google calendar event that repeats every month to remind me about checking the humble choice games before the automatic renewal.

The new games are revealed on like the first Tuesday and automatic renewal occurs near the end of the month so you have weeks to check.

Welp, this is a pretty good bundle if you don’t already have Spiritfarer, one of the most beautiful and polished indie games of recent years. Unfortunately I have it AND Behind the Frame already.

What’s the deal with Chaos Gate, you 40Kers? Is this an XCOM-like?

For the first time, I think ever, there’s a Humble Monthly that contains no games that I already own. I’m kind of amazed.

Tango & Windjammers 2 were the ones I already had.

WJ2 is cool if you like that stuff. You won’t like it if you don’t.

Bendy seemed suspiciously cheap in a recent sale. I was thinking “This is going to be in a humble bundle soon”. :)

Is Behind the Frame any good @Nightgaunt?

Mmm. I’m interested in Chaos Gate.

But, it’s the only one I’m interested in. So I will wait, for now.

Maybe with luck someone will gift it in the giveaway thread :P

I liked it quite a bit, but I would put a lot of caveats on a recommendation. It’s pretty short (a few hours?). It has a lot of interaction, but none of it is challenging. I seem to recall a few bits that were actual puzzles, but most of it is clicking on the few things in a scene that will move the story along or scribbling around on a canvas to fill in a painting. But the art and animation are really beautiful, and for me, at least, the story was compelling if low-key. It’s super chill and melancholy, so if you’re up for a small game with that tone, I’d recommend it.

(I think I’ve complained about this before, but I never get offered the discounted rate when I threaten to skip. Wonder why that is?)

I’m also interested in Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters, and that’s about the only one.

I’ve been on the fence about Spirithunters forever. $8 for that with the other stuff thrown in is enough to get me to buy for the first time in awhile.

This would have been $12 for me since I liked last month. Definitely a pause this one.

Wait, so if I bought at 12 last month, I can’t “fake pause” and get the four bucks off this month?

Correct. The $4 discount will only be offered if this is the second month in a row (or more) that you are choosing to pause.

I grabbed last month’s bundle, so now I need to decide if Chaos Gate : DaemonHunters and Spiritfarer together are worth $12 and change for me. None of the other content interests me. I’m thinking yes, because that’s still less than the historic lows ($8.49 and $5.99) for both titles added together.

I have an extra spiritfarer key if any of you usual forum frequenters want it.

I could swear they did Spiritfarer before but maybe it was a regular bundle.