Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I read quite a few as a teen, and my recollection is that the ones by Michael Stackpole were several grades above the rest of the authors.

I enjoyed the works of William H. Keith. As long as you aren’t excepting master pieces, the Grey’s Death Legion series told the story of how LOS Tech was discovered.

The Jade Falcon Series is worth a read if you are interested in the most traditional of the Clans.

My recollection is also that Stackpole is among the better authors, along with William H. Keith (who wrote the Gray Death series that starts off the series of books). I haven’t read any of them in a decade or two (or three?) so buyer beware.

Here’s a list of the books in order (which shows 68 books, so apparently some are missing from the Humble Bundle). I plan to re-read in order, skipping anything written in a super-hacky fashion.

Pfft, not even close to being the most traditional. It’s more traditional than the main characters in Clan Wolf though. :D

Also, it’s not a complete collection, but pretty darn close. Of course, with the success that BattleTech is having again, there are more stories to come, post Dark Age, post religious ComStar temper tantrum and post Republic of the Sphere. It’s time for the IlClan (previously mentioned main characters).

It’s been ages, but to echo what others have mentioned – the ones that spring to mind are the Gray Death Legion series, Blood of Kerensky series, and the Warrior series.

The Jade Falcon are the most uptight bunch of warmongering traditional bastards there are.
There are no worse Clans then Jade Falcon.

Quick question;

I pre-ordered AOW4 about a week ago and the keys are still exhausted (although apparently just for the preorder SKU, as there’s no warning of it on the store page for the post-release version). This only happened once to me before and it was resolved in a couple days, so I searched online and I’ve seen horror stories listed online about how long it can take and I’ve considered asking for a refund.

That said, I know such search results can be “unreliable narrators” when trying to get a feel for a normal experience and I’m willing to twiddle my thumbs if I get the impression the wait will be over soon. For any QT3er, how long has it taken for you?

Smoke Jaguar.

I bought Avengers from them when it was on deep discount. I want to say it took about four days to get my key? I remember I ordered it late in the week, hoping to play on the weekend, and they delivered it on Monday, which was pretty annoying.

So yeah, a week is pretty long.

First in being shitty, but not just if that makes them the MOST Traditional.

Thanks; reaching out via DM to their Twitter support. Here’s hoping I get a response within a day or two.

Edit - they responded (after being directed to support) and suddenly the keys are back in stock, lol

Is the Castellan Champion Upgrade worth 6 dollars?

General consensus is it’s a perfectly cromulent DLC, but most definitely not worth the sticker price as it just gives you another cool character.

The humble bundle gives you a 60% off coupon, so its 6.00 dollars.

As to the Monthly/Choice, I ended up pausing today. I’m interested in the Warhammer game but I can wait, and they didn’t offer me the $4 “don’t pause” come-on because I’d bought the last one.

Reminder to pause before tomorrow. I picked up this month for Warhammer and Spiritfarer.

I ended up pausing as well since I don’t really see myself getting around to playing the Warhammer game anytime soon, and while Spiritfarer looks really interesting, I can wait for it (and the Warhammer game) to show up in another bundle or on steeper discount further down the road. Steam Summer Sale is also right around the corner, so I expect there will be deals both there and on the other major digital distribution sites in the next couple of months. Plus pausing resets my $4 bribe in the event there is something I’m more interested in when the June Choice Bundle drops.

Curse of the Dead Gods
Ghostwire Tokyo
GRIME
Honey, I Joined a Cult
Remnant: From the Ashes – Complete Edition
Serial Cleaners
Sunday Gold
Turbo Golf Racing

Remnant is wonderful but I already own it. I’m not sure I’ve even heard of any of the others. Anything I should know about?

Curse of the Dead Gods and Grime are both pretty good.

I’ll be skipping this month since I’ve already played those two plus Remnant, and the others don’t look great to me