Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Good catch re: Aaero, thanks for the mention. Fixed on the listing post.

Ohhh, excellent month for me. Yay!

Glad I paused again last month…but WH Vermintide 2 has me thinking I will let it ride this month. Note that the Collector’s Edition for WH Vermintide 2 only adds soundtrack, cosmetic skins and some other digital stuff, it doesn’t unlock any additional playable content.

Cultist Simulator looks interesting as well.

I had several in the bundle this month, but still OK with it. Aaeero is fantastic - very Rez like.

Glad I passed on last month, but will probably stick around this month for Cultist Simulator.

Kind of disappointed with the non Yakuza 0 and Division games in the Feb bundle, but those were enough for me to un-pause. Looks like March is going to be great too.

Interested in Cultist Simulator, but backlog is huge so I think it’s pause time.

Practically every other Warhammer game has been part of a monthly, so yeah.

Also, is it just me, or do all the guys in Yakuza 0 have weirdly proportioned bodies? All big and lanky with heads that seem a size too small. They look like they’re built like white dude villains in a Jackie Chan film.

I haven’t played it, but actually that description is almost a ‘meme’ in the manga world, it’s a style used in shojo/josei (comic for women).

Actually, it was also fairly typical in figure illustration in the West (back when illustration was used more in advertising than photography, for instance) for idealized humans (adults) to have heads that were smaller in proportion to the bodies compared to real life (at least in terms of their height). It still survives in comics, I think. In Yakuza and Manga in general the tendency may be more exaggerated, of course.

Anyway, with regard to the bundle, I’m happy they threw in Sniper Elite 3, which I didn’t yet have, and a couple of the others look interesting (Aaero for instance).

Bought into the February bundle just in time. And hey, when I looked at the February list, I thought I had Sniper Elite 3 already. Turns out I only had 2 and 4. So now I have a three-game straight.

For the last few months, there have been a total of two games on my Steam wishlist: Yakuza 0 and EDF 4.1. Think I’ll clear that list tonight.

I think I’m finally going to cancel. It’s great that people found this bundle good, I found it meh. Then I realized I’ve been so busy with random stuff this month I haven’t really played any games this month since I beat Wallenstein back on January 6th. I’m still gaining backlog from Origin Basic and Twitch Prime so its starting to look silly to pay to add even more to my backlog :(.

The February bundle includes the direct DL of a game called after HOURS by
Humble Publishing. I can’t find any infos. What is it?

Does the new humble bundle have Cultist Simulator?

It’s in the March bundle.

I just looked up Cultist Simulator for the first time. It looks like it’s some kind of card game. But it’s by the studio that did the games I’ve never played but heard Tom go on and on about in the Games Podcast with regards to their excellent writing. So Cultist Simulator must be a card game with excellent writing.

(But still a card game, which makes me uninterested in it).

I confused it with Re-legion which just came out.

It’s not a card game in the sense that something like Hearthstone or Magic is a card game. Cards are basically how it represents game entities, be that people you know, jobs you hold, occult knowledge, conditions you’re experiencing, personal resources, etc. You then feed those cards into verbs to take actions, and after a specific amount of real time you’ll get back an output of cards, some of which may be new.

Also it’s by a new studio founded by Alexis Kennedy, who was one of the main writers at Failbetter, who do the games you’re thinking of. So there’s a lineage but it’s not the same studio.

To be fair, that’s every card game, in Magic and others they always represent characters, events, locations, actions…

What you want to say, I guess, it’s that isn’t a confrontational game where you fight in combat against another deck during some rounds. It’s a single player rpg with exploration, as a you explore new cards that represent places appear on screen so you can ‘visit’ them, for example.

Well, also that the cards don’t have stats or rules on them, they’re basically just tokens. And they don’t directly interact with each other. They’re fed into verbs to create actions, and that’s it.