Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Different starting point. Same result. There will come a day in May when the whole bundle will be revealed, and you can get the rest of your games. And on the same day they’ll also announce June’s bundle’s headlining games. And you can cancel your subscription at that point if you don’t like what’s announced. Or you can cancel it now, and you’ll still get May’s bundle.

Ok, cool. That’s what I thought. Thanks.

I never did subscribe to Humble Monthly before, though, so I don’t know why I didn’t get the $1.20 discount on the first month. Oh well.

OK, I got a reply on why I didn’t get the $1.20 off. It’s because I bought the “Staff Picks” bundle a few months ago, supposedly. AFAIK that wasn’t a Monthly Bundle so I find it a bogus explanation but whatever, it’s $1.20.

So I put my Humble subscription on a one month pause for the previous month and I guess I forgot about it or maybe thought it was a permanent pause but I just got charged for this month’s bundle. Is it too late to cancel the charge? I have no interest in the revealed games. If I can’t cancel then i sure hope whatever’s in the rest of the bundle is good!

It’s definitely worth writing to Humble’s customer service and asking. They often take a little while to respond, but my interactions with them have been positive.

Agreed. I’ve interacted with them once roughly a year ago and it was pleasant enough to get me to bump up my Humble Tip on every bundle I’ve bought since then.

Same for me, forgot to pause again. But ah well, I guess I’ll eat it. Didn’t own Inside or whatever rally.

I sent an email off to the Humble guys last night and within a couple hours I had a refund. Great customer service. Of course, the hidden games in the bundle will end up being awesome.

Yes. I had a couple occasions where like an idiot I double purchased a bundle and they rolled back the duplicate for me no questions asked (of course I hadn’t claimed any keys yet).

<1 day till the remainder of the bundle shows up. I hope there are some great games hidden in there.

Me too, already owned Dirt and don’t give a whoopsiedaisy about Inside.

If you got it as part of the bundle, you should try Inside. It’s seriously fucked up and only takes a few hours to beat.

Which is why I’ll likely not play it…

What? You just want to sit back and play safe little games? You want to live forever?

Wait, do you mean it’s emotionally difficult? Because I’ve been planning to play it, know nothing about it, and I’m a pansy…

I don’t do scary/horror games. :P

Wait, it’s a horror game?? That’s even worse. I would have just given it away had I known. I should start watching trailers for Humble Monthly unlocks I guess… :/

Thought it was just a cool platformer.

I wouldn’t call it a horror game, personally. It’s messed up, I don’t deny, but it’s not like Amnesia or Soma where you find yourself being stalked by monsters. OK, there’s one stalking bit, but I’m confident you boys can handle it. It’s more like playing a Twilight Zone episode than a Tales from the Crypt.

Edit: I should probably tag in @LMN8R on this, as I recall he was a bigger fan of Inside than me.