Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Holy crap, this is up to almost $4 million!

I had to buy it as the bloke in my office was asking about modulo operations as he is tooling around in R at the moment for some reason. Of all the things to make it into this bundle is R in a Nutshell! How random!

New stuff added. Now up to 70 items, less Subnautica for those “late” to the party/cause.

[details=Summary]Games:
The Witness
Stardew Valley
Subnautica (Early Access, now sold out)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Overgrowth (Early Access)
Nuclear Throne
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Invisible, Inc.
Super Meat Boy (no more Steam keys, but a DRM-free download is available)
World of Goo
Mushroom 11
Not Time to Explain Remastered
The Stanley Parable
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Super Hexagon
VVVVVV
Guacamelee
The Swapper
Thirty Flights of Loving
Spirits
Human Resource Machine
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
2064: Read Only Memories
A Virus Named TOM
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
Mini Metro
Retro Game Crunch
Tower of Guns
Waking Mars
Song of the Deep
Monster Loves You!
AI War: Fleet Command
Sproggiwood
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore a Fedora
Secrets of Rætikon
Girls Like Robots
Ellipsis
Streamline (Early Access)
Ninja Pizza Girl
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
Guns of Icarus Online
Q.U.B.E.: Director’s Cut
Rituals
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble
Super Galaxy Squadron EX
TIMEframe
JumpJet Rex
Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Ballistick
GRAV (Early Access)
Team Indie
Luna’s Wandering Stars
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Chroma Squad
Shütshimi
Dusty Revenge: Co Op Edition
Beat Hazard Ultra
Hand of Fate
System Shock Pack

Audiobooks:
Information Doesn’t Want To Be Free (Cory Doctorow | Intros by Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer | Read by Wil Wheaton)
Walkaway: Chapter One Preview (Written by Cory Doctorow | Read by Wil Wheaton)

Books to Read:
R in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition (Joseph Adler)
The Boys Vol. 1: The Name of the Game, issues #1-6 (Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson)
A Little Gold Book of Ghastley Stuff Out of Print (Neil Gaiman)
The Smart Girl’s Guide to Privacy: Practical Tips for Staying Safe Online (Violet Blue)
Any Empire (Nate Powell)
Hands-On Intro to Game Programming (Chris DeLeon)

Album (note - some games have soundtracks included):
Color Sky (Ben Prunty)

Documentary:
Double Fine Adventure (not sure if it includes Broken Age)[/details]

edit - updated for even newer stuff

Pretty loaded bundle if you didn’t have much of that stuff before. Bummer that they can sell out of the titles. Was there any indication when they announced the bundle that quantities were limited?

Not at launch, no. They added the disclaimer a few hours in.

Which was why I bought in instead of waiting to see the full roundup,which was my previous inclination.

How does running out of keys work? Is the key assigned to me when I buy it or when I click the link on the Humble Bundle page? Fortunately I was interested in Subnautica and redeemed my key immediately, but if I’d been one of the first 100k to buy but didn’t redeem my key immediately, would I not have one now?

I’m guessing if you bought before they announced Subnautica was no longer part of the bundle, they would still honor the original agreement you made at point of sale and given you a key. Whereas I bought after that (wish I had been paying attention) so no Subnautica for me.

Yeah, I believe the key is assigned to the purchase. You can then claim it for yourself or give it to someone else.

This is a pretty crazy bundle. I bought in for The Witness alone. I’ve been waiting to come down to $15, and figured doubling that to donate to the ACLU was reasonable. The 50+ other games added to my steam collection (never to be played) are a nice bonus!

NM, that was weird. Found keys

I don’t understand. Is $30 the minimum?

Yes, and well worth that

I already reached my gaming budget for this month though. :(

Hmm. Maybe just do it for charity, and think of the games & stuff as a pat on the back? 100% of the proceeds from this bundle are going to the charities. (I’m SO good at rationalizing collecting games, you’d almost expect me to have an obscene number in my Steam account … oh, wait. I do)

Yeah, I had to just jump in at 30 bucks to the ACLU (Doctors without borders gets my money at SGDQ) for “The Witness”. I figured that I would dislike this game, as I really didn’t like Braid, I would wait for the price to drop to try it out. But I can’t say no to donating to the ACLU, and I already had subnautica, so no biggie that they used up all 100k keys.

I’d wanted Stardew and Subnautica, and being able to get Day of the Tentacle without giving a cent to Double Fine was the icing on the cake. Majority ACLU but everyone got at least $5.

New Monthy Bundled landed today. Not a great as last month:

Total War: WARHAMMER
Poly Bridge
Space Run Galaxy
RIVE
Flat Heroes
Morphblade
Uurnog

Next month early buy is the Witness

Besides Warhammer, this bundle is entirely meh for me. Warhammer is so awesome I guess it balances out.

I don’t know any of those games but since I forgot to cancel I guess I own them now. Lucky me!