Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I already had Warhammer, but Space Run Galaxy is on my wishlist. The first was pretty good. Space Run Galaxy isn’t enough to carry the bundle, but Warhammer for that price is a good deal for sure.

Every month I get psyched to see what the reveal is and I always already have it or I’m not interested.

Rive is the only thing I was interested in before the reveal… definitely not as strong as last month. Pretty bummed about The Witness being next month’s early unlock since it was just in the Freedom Bundle.

PolyBridge and Space Run Galaxy were on my wishlist (I liked Space Run a lot). Morphblade looks like it might be interesting.

People who bought the Freedom Bundle can get 5$ credit instead of The Witness…

I’m actually interested in all of these games, even though I hadn’t heard of half of them.

This is how I feel too, same games on my wishlist also! ;)

So it turned out to be a great bundle once again!

I picked this one up for warhammer, which was worth the price, so what’s left was just gravy. There was nothing there that I was interested in or have ever heard from. Since I don’t want The Witness, and I’ve been underwhelmed by the under card for a few months, I’ve paused my subscription.

Warhammer for $12 was a ridiculously good deal, so I was prepared to receive half a dozen copies of Bad Rats and still pronounce the month a winner.

That said, I’m quite pleased with Space Run Galaxy and Rive. Poly Bridge I will probably never play, and Flat Heroes and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 look decent but don’t really interest me too much. Still a fantastic deal this month for $12.

I’m out for next month though. Don’t need The Witness and don’t qualify for the $5 credit (didn’t buy the Freedom Bundle).

I’m a little ticked off at the Humble Store today though. Yesterday they kicked off a Kalypso Weekend sale. One of the items in the sale was Shadows : Heretic Kingdoms. It was marked 75% off at $4.99 and my Humble Monthly 10% discount made it $4.49. Instabuy for me as I’ve had this on my wishlist for some time. I waited until today’s Monthly Bundle reveal before making the purchase though, just on the tiny chance it might be somehow included. It wasn’t obviously, and it seems it was mistakenly included in the Kalypso sale yesterday as well, as today it’s back to $19.99 (full price). BAH! Knew I should have pulled the trigger yesterday.

Pardon the possibly dumb question, but can you actually do this? Or did you just cancel?

Cancel, then the pause option appears.

Also FYI , PolyBridge is pretty awesome from the gif’s I’ve seen so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PolyBridge/

While I haven’t played it yet, do NOT sleep on RIVE! It’s a superb shooter from all I’ve read. It’s also the last thing that studio will ever make unfortunately.

I usually give everything in one of these bundles a try regardless of whether I think I’ll like it. Morphblade is apparently from the same dude who did Gunpoint, fyi - there’s usually a new release in the bundle this is it this time. And Polybridge was on my wishlist - it has had some coverage over on RPS and seemed like a fun thing.

Missing from the list and the discussion is One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3. It looks like a pretty recent AAA-console game that is made by the same people as Dynasty Warriors.

Anyone played it? It looks interesting.

Not heard of a single game on this months selection other than Warhammer. Given that I have about 400 games on my Steam wishlist that is slightly concerning :-/

It’s on my wishlist, but I haven’t played it yet. Just looks like loads of fun.

Edit - Odd question for those that already had TW: Warhammer: did you get a key you could gift? (I’m not asking for one as I already have it, but I was assuming it would be in my bundle so I could give it to someone else)

Edit 2 - nevermind. It’s claimable on my key list, but it’s not in the normal spot on the purchases

I got it from the bundle and started playing it. It controls well on keyboard, and runs incredibly well on my laptop integrated graphics (intel HD 4400). Expect PS3 era graphics.

It’s not super deep - there are some combos, but this is definitely a “Dynasty warriors” game - on the “streets of rage” end of things rather than “devil may cry”. You do get beat up thousands of enemies at once - Blowing away a whole swath of enemies (we’re talking about hitting tens of people at a time) at a time is incredibly satisfying, and everything is even more over-the-top than the usual Dynasty Warriors since the One Piece anime everything is from has lots of people with crazy powers. The first guy you start with for example is like Mr Fantastic if Mr fantastic decided he’d like to machine-gun punch his enemies and do whiplash headbutts rather than be a reasonable hero. There’s a little bit of “capture the strategic points” thing going on as well, but on Normal difficulty beating people up is pretty easy.

This scratched the beat-em up itch I got watching the River City Ransom Underground release.

Yep, I already owned Warhammer TW so I dropped for the past month…and after seeing the selection this month and the game reveal…I’m pretty happy with keeping my subscription canceled again. Yuck.

I got to level 23 in Morphblade, anybody get farther?

I arrived home from a business trip to open the rest of my bundle to see this pile of shite.

Since this is my first experience with the monthly bundle and I am not pleased with the rest of these. Humble has now taught me if you do not like the main game for the price of the entire bundle then do not subscribe. Canceled!

I was mildly intrigued by “Total Warhammer” but I didn’t think I would have time to play it any time soon, so I’m glad I avoided signing up. The rest of that stuff (with the exception of Space Run, possibly) just didn’t look like my thing.