Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Love this bundle this month. The games are all games I’ve been curious about but maybe didn’t want to dive in on even a steam sale purchase…but again, they’re good enough that I’m stoked by getting them in this bundle!

Armello
Sherlock Holmes Devil’s Daughter
GalCiv III
…something else, too.

So let’s see…

Galactic Civilizations III - Already own it, but a nice get for someone who doesn’t.
Hyper Light Drifter - Been on my wishlist for ages, very excited.
Dark Souls II - I’ll play it once or twice before dying quickly and shelving it.
Armello - Been wanting this for a while as well, so yay!
SimplePlanes - Been DYING to play this one, so this is, for me, the best get of the bundle.
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter - Meh, I might try it, but it’s unlikely.
Kero Blaster - Looks fun, can’t wait to try it.
2000:1 - A Space Felony - Really looking forward to this.
Underwhere Comics - Could not give a crap.

Overall, for me personally, a really great bundle!

Next month is Pillars and NBA 2K17… eh… eh… Might hold my sub for a month.

I am glad I did not sub.

The only game on there I would have really wanted to play was Gal Civ 3 and it does not sound like it is worth purchasing without the latest expansion.

I’m glad I paused this month. What’s the announced game for the next month?

Dammit! I just bought Pillars of Eternity! I need to stop shopping PC game sales.

Screw you Humble Monthly Bundle!!! I know you read my post and added that just to mess with me!
ARGGHHH!!!

(plus Gal Civ III, really? REALLY?).

=)

another acceptable pause for me, same again next month given the headliners. glad they have this option :)

Pillars and NBA 2K17 are the highlight games next month.

I thought this month is one of the mediocre ones, in comparison with the last 5 months. And next one is also problematic for me: I like almost every genre, except sports so meeh to the NBA game. And I already have PoE.

I should have skipped. I only have any real interest in Armello and Sherlock Holmes, of the revealed games and my interest in both is about as tepid as my interest in Dark Souls II. Already have GalCiv III, have no interest in actually playing Hyper Light Drifter (though it’s certainly cool to watch someone else play who is actually good at these things) and the others, meh .

Huh, looks like 2000:1: A Space Felony is not available for sale in any other way for a few months. I can’t imagine this is a good release model. They’ve just totally wasted their launch coverage, by making sure that fans of the genre will have forgotten about the game before they have any chance of buying it. Too bad, I’m usually willing to take a gamble on a good detective game.

Speaking of good detective games, that Sherlock Holmes game sure isn’t one.

What other RPGs does Pillars compare to?

I just started playing Divinity:OS and really like the combat so far. Otoh, I thought DA:Origins was god-awful and didn’t make it past the first couple of fights.

I have been wanting to buy POE, so I think I might dive into the bundle for the first time this month. How does this work? If I only want to jump in for one month, do I join and then immediately cancel? If I do that, will I get the other games in this bundle when they come out?

You can just wait until the other games are released and see what the following month’s headliner is, then decide. You aren’t actually charged until either you get the early access to the headliner or the others come out.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Again this bundle knocks something off the wishlist and gives me a few more things I will probably like. For $12 a month, I really think every month has been worth it, plus the extra discount in the Humble Store has been nice too.

Hyper Light Drifter and Simple Planes are the gets for me this month. PIllars next month (Steam Sale patience pays off again). I might try out Dark Souls and GalCiv3 though.

Join now, and you’ll be charged either on July 28th, or whenever you choose prior to that if you want to pay in advance to unlock Pillars of Eternity and NBA2K17 right away.

Then, after the bundle reveal on August 4th, you have until August 24th to decide if you want the subscription to continue (maybe the September early reveal is something you really like) or if you want to cancel. You can cancel right from the Account page on the Humble site. If you choose to cancel, you will be given the choice of actually cancelling altogether, or simply pausing the subscription for the following month, and it will resume automatically after that. You can pause as many months in a row that you feel the need to.

In the meantime, while your subscription is active, you get 10% off in the Humble Store and access to the Humble Trove, a select group of Humble developed games you can download and play.

This is an amazing month for me, both because I owned none of the games in here and because I actively wanted at least three of the games in here (Armello, Hyper Light Drifter, and Kero Blaster).

Speaking of, Kero Blaster should not be ignored, especially if you liked Cave Story.