Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Jeez perhaps the weakest bundle so far.

-I don’t have interest in KL2, after playing the first one.
-Eterium, a 2 man indie spaceship game from 3 years ago that looks like a game from 15 years ago. It can be nice for nostalgia after so many years of playing one, but ehh.
-The Banner Saga 2. I liked the first one, though it had some flaws. A positive entry in the bundle, but nothing I’m dying to play with.
-Momodora. Looks like another indie retro action/platform game, like any other hundreds of that genre.
-Worms W.M.D. It looks like just another Woms game, I already played them years ago. No particular reason to play them now.
-Stories untold. No idea, at all. Could be good. Maybe?
-Hacky Zack. Indie platform/puzzle with retro graphics. 'Nuff said.

RoTR is more ‘AAA entry’ but I’m not the biggest fan of the new Tomb Raider games.

Sad Trombone for me.

I had zero interest in Killing Floor 2, so the rest of the bundle was going to be the payoff for me. In the end I basically got Banner Saga 2 for 40% off, as I already own Eterium (and what an odd choice for a Humble Monthly), Momodora is in a genre I rarely play, Worms games hold zero interest for me anymore and Untold Stories might be decent, but again, not something I’m likely to play. Where was the really strong 2nd and 3rd entries this time? Everything here seems like a collection of games that should have been 3rd or 4th titles in previous Humble Monthlies. I am disappoint.

No go for me next month. Rise of the Tomb Raider is not something I want enough to pay $12 for, and this month has cemented my philosophy of only buying in if the preview game is worth the $12. Burn me once…

Once again, glad I held off. I’ve already got Banner Saga 2 through Twitch Prime.

Now as far as this month, that’s a game worth shelling out for all by itself.

Bummer. :(

Eterium was the only game in the bundle this month I was interested in, and I think that’s cheaper than the bundle. So I’m glad I didn’t opt in this month.

Stories Untold was on my wishlist, but, yeah, kind of a lame bundle.

Worst month ever. NBD. Still not ever gonna sit months out. Into the backlog wood chipper they go and dupes go to my nephews or the giveaway thread here

I don’t own any of them. Awesome! I had the new Worms on my wishlist too for same room multiplayer fun!

Stories Untold is really good. I am glad I skipped this month, though, since I already own Banner Saga through the 3rd game from the first KS, had Stories Untold already, and do not give a hoot about the rest.

I’m a little sad I skipped this one - there were games I was interested in.

I already played (and enjoyed) Rise of the Tomb Raider, so I think I’m skipping another month. It’s a really fun game and one I’d recommend checking out even if you aren’t a big tomb raider fan (I’m not).

Not overly disappointed - three more games on my wish list (although to be fair, my wishlist is only a few hundred less than Brian’s, lol). Rise of the Tomb Raider is also on mine, so I’ll be looking forward to whatever else comes with it.

banner saga 2 and stories untold are both wonderful in their own ways, though stories is perhaps a touch esoteric.

is rise of the tomb raider as good as it’s direct prequel? think i might go in for the next one as i don’t have it and enjoyed my time greatly with tomb raider 2013.

I think it’s better than Tomb Raider.

I really loved Rise of the Tomb Raider. It was an excellent evolution of what they built for the reboot. More puzzely tombs, nice open-worldish gameplay that doesn’t get overwhelming, pretty fun combat, and it’s absolutely gorgeous.

that marries up nicely with what i liked / wanted more of from TR2K13 so i think i’ll stick. thanks!

I’m definitely re-upping for RotTR .

Nagging fly in ear buzzing:

I know that Killing Floor 2 is not to most people’s taste here, but if you even have a slight interest I recommend you give it a try. 2 is worlds better than the first Killing Floor (if you tried that one) and has modernized quite a bit with a lot of quality of life improvements. If you like horde mode, lots or gore, best in class gun animations/feel, or a melee class that is better than Vermintide give it a chance. Probably one of my top 5 games of the last 2 years. It reminds me a lot of the good old days of playing tons of Left 4 Dead 2.

I think I totally agree, but what does NBD stand for?

As far as skipping goes, all I know is that $12 is cheaper than that feeling when the bundle I skipped has cool stuff in it. And somehow the fact of my skipping will change time, space, and probability to deliver that feeling.

Nocturnal breathtaking deliverables.

No big deal … or nocturnal breathtaking deliverables.