Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Glad I paused this month…nothing in there I really wanted.

Next month I am in solely on the ESO content. I own ESO in boxed retail format, and have toyed with the idea of buying it on Steam for easier access/install. I might be willing to play once a week or so if I could just fire it right up in Steam. Getting all the extra goodies on offer, plus whatever the rest of the bundle reveals, is all the incentive I need.

How do you pause? I don’t recall seeing an option?

But, but… Elder Scrolls Online is pretty great? The pig is silly, but then, so is the game.

killer bundle, was interested in all of those games except red dragon.

Is it? I’m sort of anti-MMO at this point so I’m not a good judge. :)

I’m not convinced that is the Steam version, and I think I read somewhere that you can’t mix your Steam ESO account with your non-steam ESO account. So, be wary.

I just add it as a non-steam game to my library; easy enough.

When logged in on the Humble site:

• Go to your Settings.
  • Then under Humble Monthly click “Cancel My Plan”
  • It will prompt with the options to really cancel, or just pause.
  • Choosing pause means no bundle for you next time, and no 10% discount from the time you pause until the payment date for that bundle.

I think someone could make a case that it’s the best option of this second generation action MMOs like Guild Wars 2 and the Neverwinter Nights MMO. ESO was kind of lame at launch, but they’ve overhauled it pretty aggressively, even dropping level requirements for zones so you can basically go anywhere whenever you want.

Same here, pausing for next month. This time around I already had Orwell. I wish the strategy game had been Air-Land Battle but who am I kidding, I suck at RTS anyway.

I just emailed Humble to ask if the ESO Tamriel Unlimited is provided as a Steam key. I’ll let you know what they say.

It is true that you can’t take your existing ESO retail package and add it to Steam as a registered product, however you CAN purchase a Steam ESO package and then link your previously existing ESO account as per their support FAQ here. In other words, the account on the ESO login servers is static, you’re just changing the type of client you’re using to access it.

The 750 Crowns included is also a nice bonus. That’s an $8 retail value on it’s own (when they’re not on sale).

Not really sure how I feel about next month’s reveals. TES:O looks alright but then they’re giving some currency and items for a pair of F2P games? I suppose it doesn’t matter because I’ll stay subbed anyway. The “here’s enough to get you started but not enough to be useful” unlocks rub me the wrong way though.

Red Dragon has full pause mode. It beats the crap out of me why Steel Division doesn’t.

It isn’t very important imo, the super slow speed could well be considered a pause.

Didn’t know about the account linking, good to know. And, yeah, drop a note here if that’s the Steam version in the bundle. I guess they’re usually Steam keys in these bundles…

I really wanted to try the Wargame series and more specifically I’m interested in the WWII Steel Division but this is great because I can try the game now with Red Dragon! It’s a decent bundle. Furi is a cool game and well worth a look.

Quake Champions next month is an immediate win for me.

I rage quit Furi because it made me replay the boring shmup parts when I failed the interesting melee parts. YMMV.

Hey Tim, think you got a typo in there.

Here’s some information about the ESO parts: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/74p2sj/eso_12_for_november_humble_monthly_unlock/

Too bad you can’t trade the ESO key for the Morrowind expansion if you already own ESO :) Of course, I don’t play via Steam so that would still probably backfire…

Got my reply back from Humble, the ESO key is indeed a Steam key.

I’m in!

Also, if anyone new to Humble Bundle is looking to join for this bundle, remember that if you use a friend’s referral code that person gets a small Humble Store credit for the referral. I’m more than happy to be your friend if you need one. Just click my referral link. ;-)