Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I was starting to regret not pausing this month since these bundles are not great for my backlog but seeing Aviary Attorney made me glad I didn’t (I’m sure Dark Souls III is great too). I’m definitely pausing this month to try and catch up though.

My basic expectation going in was that I probably wouldn’t redeem anything except DS III and the DLC.

But since Aviary Attourney might technically qualify as a detective game, I’m obligated to give it a try.

Can’t complain, only owned two of the games here.

Lost Castle had caught my eye awhile back. I’m looking forward to trying that! Next month is great. More games I do not own. :)

I only had Dark Souls III from this month’s bundle.

Yeah I don’t own mafia 3 at least

The April Bundle is tempting to get for Mafia 3. And it has one of the DLC for Mafia 3 as well. So if you want everything Mafia 3 related, that only leaves one other major DLC, I think?

I’ve heard the DLC is really well done but short

Here is a great post:

Apparently there are three major DLCs, and Sign of the Times (which comes with this Humble Monthly) is one of the three. So you’d still have to get two more.

I missed Papageno’s PSA to pause this month and I already had DS3 so I was a little disappointed. I didn’t have the DLC though but will gift Dark Souls to my son who doesn’t have it yet so it’s not all bad. The rest of them look ok but nothing that really catches my eye. Next month though, hot damn that’s a killer lineup especially since I don’t have any of the three but have wanted them. I came so close to buying Rage Eater a few weeks ago that $12.00 for it alone feels like a great deal. I love the months that work out like that.

BTW if one were interested in the April bundle games (and I am) and wanted to pay early this month, one could redeem the DXMD key and grab the Criminal Past DLC on sale (currently at $3.95). It’s supposed to be good, but difficult.

The Darkness II free for a limited time - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/agecheck/the-darkness-ii

Also, only 10 days left to decide if I want Mafia III on PC for $12 along with one of the DLC. (As part of the Monthly bundle).

Reminder: if you want to pause your MHB, better do it quick. Subscribers get billed tomorrow.

Indeed. Luckily, this month two of the headliners are games I want and don’t own, so the rest will be gravy.

This was a good month with Deus Ex in there as well as God Eater 2 for me. The rest is gravy.

Also, I have probably had Spec Ops: The Line on my wishlist at Steam for like four years now. I got it free today! It went as low as $5.99, but I just really never had the time to play it. Now it’ll be there for nothing when I do. It really does pay to wait for PC games to appear at Humble.

Humble is acting weird this week (in a good way). This is the 3rd AAA game they’ve just given away for free (Darkness II was 2 days ago, and something else was at the beginning of the week).

Definitely not complaining but not sure what they get out of it. Hoping people subscribe to monthly on their way out?

Are there any DLCs coming out?

For Spec Ops? No way.

I guilt myself into buying something every time I get something free there. Sometimes I have to hunt pretty hard.

April Monthly lineup is out:

Mafia III
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
God Eater 2
Outlast 2
Lara Croft GO
Subterrain
AER Memories of Old
Laser League
Lyric Sonata (Humble Original)

Next month’s early unlocks are Kerbal Space Program (!), Dead Rising 4, and RUINER.