Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Huh. I skipped this month because I already had Mafia and Deus Ex (great games both), seeing the rest, I did not expect Outlast 2 to be there, kinda want that

This month, hmmm…Ruiner is interesting to me.

Definitely better than I expected. I skipped this month too, but I would’ve been happy enough with these choices.

May is tempting. Lowest price so far was 16$ for Dead Rising 4, 14$ for Kerbal & 10$ for Ruiner.

Kerbal alone is worth the $12 next month for me. I have been waiting to try it for low cost.

I’ve never heard of Ruiner before, but it doesn’t sound that great from that review. A twin stick bullet hell shooter that’s reportedly way too hard at times.

If Dead Rising 4 is the Windows 10 version, I’m in. If it’s steam I’ll probably pass.

@Rock8man that’s weird. I’ve never heard of someone opting for a W10 Store version over Steam. What’s the story?

Ruiner had a big display at PAX West last year when I went and seemed impressive.

Windows 10 version will have Xbox achievements, Steam version will have Steamies. I don’t care about Steamies. But Xbox achievement popups still give me a deep satisfaction when they pop up. Budop!

Really, because of different cheevos? I’m too old to understand, I guess. :-)

So is Outlast 2 basically a survival game or what?

I picked up Ruiner a month or so ago and really quite like it. But I’m a fan of most twin stick shooters (Neon Chrome being one of the best recent ones).

If anyone here picks up the bundle and does not care about Ruiner, but cares about any of these games, I would definittely exchange:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut - Standard Edition
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Dreamfall Chapters
The Walking Dead: Season 1
The Wolf Among Us
Resident Evil 6
Tomb Raider

TotalBiscuit liked Ruiner. It does indeed look challenging.

Is it even possible for Humble Bundle to sell a Windows 10 Store key? I don’t have Windows 10, so I don’t know how it works.

it’s really great

Every game thus far has either been Steam or direct download from Humble. I sincerely doubt it’s going to be the Windows 10 version.

It is steam version. Overall a strong April and May!

I own all of next month’s games–is there any way to pause the monthly membership?

Go to cancel your subscription and it will ask if you want to pause for a month (this is assuming you’re on a month-to-month). Just as a side note, I’ve never regretted sticking it out, but the value is obviously less when you know you’ve got three of the games already.

So stupid question time;

I normally don’t use the store, just getting the monthly. However, with Battletech coming out in the near future, I was going to grab it and figured why not there with my 10% disount? Then I noticed a check box I hadn’t seen before:
“Earn 5% credit through Humble Rewards”

So I like saving money as much as the next guy, but I don’t quite get how this works.
According to their page on it, I can either take a 5% credit and they send 5% to charity, or they’ll send the whole 10% to charity. Cool! Then I started wondering…

Wait, but what if I want the whole 10% to go to charity? Is that on by default? If so, would me taking a 5% credit short change the donation to charity or is this an additional program they’re implementing?

So now I’m sitting at the store page, paralyzed with worry about what to do with this mystery $1.80 I may or may not “earn.”

Yes, charity is the default, and no, the charity won’t get as much (I actually didn’t think they got any) if you decide to take it as credit instead.

Thanks for the clarification! I’ll stick with the default, then.

Battletech is 20% off on fanatical