Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Oh cool, I wanted to try out The Pillars of the Earth but $39.99 was a bit rich for my taste.

This Humble timing is an irritating mystery to me. If I give the $12 now do I get Destiny 2 and Pillars of the Earth…? What am I committing to?

Grumpy confused person.

Pay your $12, instantly get keys for Destiny 2 , CSD2, and Pillars of the Earth. On the first Friday of June the remainder of the bundle unlocks.

Hmm. Sounds like trap :)

It sorta is, because you’ll end up with a ton of great games for very little money, then you sub another month, then you buy a whole year sub and they give you $25 in store credit. And then you spend more on the store and get 10% off games there too.

Its a downward cycle of backlogging games at that point.

Surely I’m too smart for that!

Wait, how do they give you $25 in credit? I’m an annual subscriber!

It was for new subscribers only… But they offer it a few times a year it seems. The most recent offer was 2 weeks ago.

“$25 Humble Wallet Credit with purchase of a year of Humble Monthly”

I got in last year when it was $20 in humble store credit for a year subscription.

Less than 5 hours till the remainder of the reveal.

I’m holding off any purchase until the reveal, I got burned too many times with humble bundle drop the same game as previous sale I bought.

I try to do the same but sometimes it’s tough to be patient. ;)

If you wait for next month don’t you miss out on this one?

Just this month for now, I need more info on next month’s earlier reveal game to determine if I want to pause or not.

So true… sometimes when I look at my backlog, I was like, do I really need that many games? But then again, the new game is just so tempting…

Hahahahahahahaha “need.”

3X Reveal for July Monthly.

Hearts of Iron 4
Portal Knights
Blackwake

Not a bad set of games for $12 right off the bat. If you do decide to subscribe, and you’re totally new to Humble Monthly, don’t forget to get a referral link from a friend so they can get some store credit. If you need a friend, of course I’m here for you. ;-)

Well in this month’s bundle I’m excited about Styx, meh on everything else.

Buying into next month’s bundle right away though. Want both Blackwake and Portal Knights.

New in the trove: Penumbra Collection, Satellite Reign Uplink, Deadlight, Subserial Network

Looking at the new teaser games, I’m feeling really dumb for buying a full year subscription of this right now…

Edit: To be real clear, I think this thing has been a fantastic value and I’ve been a subscriber to it since the beginning (maybe I waited a couple months? don’t think so though), I’m just worried with the new direction IGN appears to be taking it.

June was a solid month for “games I’d like to try, but not for that price” in the forms of Destiny 2 and Yooka-Laylee.

July’s first wave reveals don’t interest me at all. Every month that’s been that case I’ve stuck with it and been happy with the later unlocks though.