Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

@arrendek
What about the new teaser games worries you compared to before? I have yet to do one of these bundles but am interested in all 3 of those games so I may jump in this month. If they had revealed just 1 of those games like they used to I don’t think I would have picked up the bundle.

Glad I paused. Only Styx looks interesting to me.

Honestly it’s probably just that none of them interest me. But if I had to say it would be that one’s early access, one’s sort of old and most everyone who wanted it will already have it, another is a minecraft clone. Two of them look like they’ll only be fun multiplayer. This is a month after Destiny 2 which is a MMO which I have zero interest in.

It’s probably just sour grapes.

Solid month for me, excited to try Styx and Yooka-Laylee.

But I think I may pause for July, as I already have Heart of Iron IV, Blackwake and Portal Knights are multiplayer games, correct? Maybe I will wait till they do the second wave reveal later this month before decide if I want to pause or not.

Yeah I am overall happy with June’s games.

CSD2 , Styx 2, Yooka-Laylee, Pillars of the Earth, and Bear With Me are all great games.

Never tried a HoI game before-- is the base game of HoI IV good for a beginner? Is it “complete” as opposed to “it needs the XXX DLC to truly shine”?

I’m out for July, not because the games aren’t good, but because I’m not interested. Blackwake looks great, but I don’t need yet another online time sink, and Portal Knights is not something that appeals to me. Hearts of Iron 4 is something I’m interested in, but not right now, and it will be in other bundles for the same or less in the next year or so…the HOI games are always bundle-fodder.

Of course, this all but guarantees there will be an awesome game revealed in a month that I will regret not purchasing the bundle for. You guys can thank me then. =)

Meeeehhhhh

Yep, HoI IV is definitely complete out of the box. And this being Paradox, it’s actually significantly improved from release. The DLC looks to me to be worth getting mostly when you’re interested in playing a country it specifically covers.

I can’t judge how easy it will be for a beginner. There’s certainly a lot going on and you need to split your attention quite a few ways.

Thanks!

So what is Blackwake? That link to the bundle info gives no details.

Blackwake is a multiplayer naval FPS focused on teamwork and cooperation. Fire the cannons, sink enemy ships or board them with firearms and steel.

I don’t have much interest in the 3 July reveals, but I am hoping for some hidden gems at the end.

I bought this bundle for Destiny 2. Played Destiny 2 for an hour and uninstalled, it was just another boring shooter.

But the rest looks interesting, particularly Pillars of the Earth. I am not a fan of point and click games, but this seems interesting - it is adaptation of a book that also got a TV series with Ian McShane in it? Whoa. Yooka and Styx could be fun too.

Next month is a skip though, nothing in earlies interests me.

I’m extremely happy to get Pillars if the Earth, it’s been on my wishlist for a while. I can at least tell you the book it’s based on is very good, but then I’m a big fan of Ken Follett’s work.

A few years ago print publisher Bastei-Lübbe bought a 51% or so stake in Daedalic. They do mostly story-driven games, and Bastei is sitting on a gazillion licenses. So yes, they got the original license and made a three part episode thing out of it. The Humble game probably includes all episodes. Daedalic took some inspiration from Telltale for the project.

Getting Yooka-Laylee was a nice surprise.

Here’s your monthly PSA: if you were looking to pause-a-month, gotta do it before being charged for the bundle on Friday. I’m pausing because none of the headliners are speaking to me (plus ridiculous backlog).

24± hours till the remainder of the games are revealed, lets hope there is nothing I bought in the summer sale.

It will be everything you bought in the summer sale, without exception. Just to spite you.

“I got this in a bundle” is a perfectly valid Steam refund reason!