Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I remember trying to play driving / racing games with horrible frame rates - the Sierra Indy and Nascar games, Test Drive. Man those were hard to play with the frame rates I got.

Happy I skipped this time. The Ragnarok expansion for TQ was the only game in the bunch I don’t already own and would have been interested in, and it’ll be less than $12 at some point in the near future.

Next month is tempting. Conan Exiles is something I’ve been interested in, but also pretty sure I don’t have the time to play it. Hell, I still have the ESO package from the Humble Monthly a few months ago that I’ve yet to delve into, and I already know I enjoy that game from my previous time with it. Maybe another online multiplayer game isn’t the best idea…

I owned a bunch of these, but not any of the early reveals, so yay!

Shiness looks interesting. Glad I skipped this month too. I’m probably in for the next. Note to self: Try Escapists from xbxo gold before buying the sequel.

Trove +1s:
Sexy Brutale, Amnesia Machine for Pigs, Stumblehill

People here said nice things about Brutale.

I’ve never gotten it clear how the Trove works. As long as my Humble Monthly isn’t paused, can I d/l and play the games in it or something? Is there a launcher involved (I would think there would have to be).

No launcher. The games I’ve downloaded (not many) were just DRM free zip files.

OK, so it appears it only works if you’ve bought into and paid for the current bundle, unless I’m missing something. That would make sense, as it’s another enticement to keep paying. For instance, when I click on The Sexy Brutale, it tells me “subscribe for $12” even though I’m signed in. Do we get to keep the games once downloaded (question for anyone who knows)?

another pause. can’t remember the last time I didn’t.

I subscribed for Total Warhammer, and have paused every month since! I am kinda interested in Hat in Time, so maybe I won’t pause this month? But also maybe I will. Who can say?

Think TW was my last one too, though I haven’t played it yet.

I played it! A little. I can’t get the hang of the real-time battles, but the strategy layer stuff seems reasonably fun.

I really don’t pay attention…I wasn’t even aware of the Trove and there is a game from my wishlist in there and a couple of others I have some interest in.

I’m quite happy with July as I had both Titan Quests & Interplanetary in my cart during the Steam sale but didn’t pull the trigger so that’s a win.

Almost positive you can download and keep anything in the Trove as long as your subscription is unpaused (even in the time between when it gets automatically unpaused and when you pause it again without having bought anything).

I downloaded Volantia at one point, it’s just a standalone installer.

Great month for me; 6 wishlisted items, nothing I bought during the summer sale.

Aaand I just paused for the current month again, before Friday’s deadline. I’m fully occupied with playing Shadow of War and RFG ReMarstered.

Half hour left on the humble monthly bundle. I guess I finally have to decide whether I want A Hat in Time on console or PC. If PC, then I should get this deal. Otherwise, pass.

The rest of the August games:

• The Surge
  • Sudden Strike 4
  • Kona
  • Forged Battalion
  • Pathologic
  • Woten (Humble Original)

Early unlocks for September:

• Sniper Elite 4
  • Tales of Berseria
  • Staxel

Tempted to buy in this month for Sniper Elite 4

SUPER excited about Sudden Strike 4 and Forged Battalion.

Sniper Elite 4 and Tales of Berseria are both good gets.

Excited that The Surge was a part of this month too.