Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Wow, this Monthly turned out much better than expected.

Yeah, these things are always an eye of the beholder type of deal, but I was already in for Conan and Hat in Time, and SS4 and Kona are like a bonus.

Whoa! Tales of Beseria?! That’s awesome! I looked at that multiple times on Steam and never bought it.

The Monthly is still the best damn value in gaming. Hands down.

I am guessing Sniper Elite 4 is vanilla without DLC? No DLC = no sale. Especially when it is missing that Hilter DLC mission (WW2 Hitman).

Correct, it’s without any DLC.

Indeed, a good month.
Glad I passed on The Surge, during the summer sale.

Yeah, even as someone who often says “no biggie” I’m impressed by Forged Battalion, Sudden Strike 4 and The Surge. On the other hand, I absolutely suh-uck at RTS games and never got anywhere in Dark Souls…

Best reveal in a while for me, as I’ve wanted to try both The Surge and Tales.

I think Tales of Berseria° is next month, right?

*whatever that is

Yes, it’s for next month, but it was revealed today (and can be unlocked early if you want to play right away). As for the game itself, I haven’t followed it super closely, but it’s an action-RPG, and someone around here (@rhamorim IIRC) keeps recommending it in the bargain thread.

Yeah, I loved Tales of Berseria. Fantastic characters, cool story, nice gameplay. While it does have some issues - pacing issues, mostly - it’s a great game and the best Tales game I’ve played so far. I thought it was easily worth the full price, so for $12 (with other games too) it’s a fantastic bargain, as far as I’m concerned.

Soma is this month’s DRM free bonus game. Woohoo, I wanted to play that.

Happy I bought august. I’m in for another with Tales. Staxel looks interesting too. Minecraft + Harvest Moon + bugs. They also have an offer to trade in the 3 revealed games for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I may have reached peak game library saturation, as the last SIX Humble Monthlies have not interested me much at all (I’m on consecutive month #7 of pausing my subscription now). Same goes for this next one with the three reveals. I don’t know if it’s just coincidence or what, but since IGN bought Humble I just haven’t been as impressed with the offerings either in the Monthlies or the now far less frequent regular Humble game Bundles.

I’m with you most months on the monthlies-- the last one that got a “hell yeah” from me was the one with Mafia III and I can’t remember what else. The last one I didn’t pause was the one with Kerbal Space Program.
I might not pause for Sniper Elite 4, though.

As to the regular Humble game Bundles post-IGN, you’re right, they’ve pretty much sucked.

Well Forged Battalion is garbage. Hey guys, could you shoot back at the enemies that are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU PLEASE? Yeesh.

Gonna try Sudden Strike 4 now.

Yeah I am not a fan of the research tree to unlock units in Forged Battalion.

Selecting say 10 tanks and giving them a move order to a point, they reach that point and then all 10 ram into each other trying to touch the specific point I clicked, heh.

Visually the game does look nice though. :)

That was hilarious. I was also told the campaign maps are the same as the multiplayer/skirmish maps. Talk about lazy.

Sad to see Petroglyph’s decline.

Again, eye of the beholder. The last two Monthlies have been out-freaking-standing for my library and tastes.

I’ve been keen to see if there’s been any reduction in quality. I’ve seen none.

A bit peeved I missed this. I’ve been waiting for it to hit a sub-$20 sale.

How does Sudden Strike compare to Wargame?