Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Apples and oranges. SS4 is an old-school style classic RTS game, while Wargame is an entirely other thing.

I was tempted to get this month’s monthly because of Sniper 4, but now it’s on sale for $9. I don’t care about the other 2 reveals. Not sure what I’ll do. I’ve been wanting to get a monthly for the end of month reveal excitement (I guess beginning of month now), but it has been rare they are offering something I want that I don’t have.

Deluxe Edition on Steam, I’ve heard the DLC / maps (3 part mini campaign) are pretty great and add hours of content.

I didn’t even realize it, thanks! I think the DLC missions you mention are the only thing I’d care about in the season pass - but it does sound like it is worth it. Won’t get to play until January but I don’t think it would get much cheaper than this.

On the topic of Sniper Elite, how is III and its DLC? Because the whole shebang (SE III + Season Pass) is $12.49 right now. I know that the setting is North Africa, right? And I guess 4 is Italy?

3’s ok but 4 is kind of perfected 3.

Sniper Elite 3 was their first go at more OPEN maps, I liked it, but never finished it.

Its still installed!

Stupid August having 31 days , pushing the remainder of the monthly reveal to next Friday. :(

I’m still debating whether I should pause. SE 4 is interesting to me but my backlog is ginormous. Also I will want the DLCs someday and I wonder if it’s one of those situations where the DLC alone never goes on sale.

$12… goes into your library… when you’re ready, you play it. We all probably have far more games than we’ll ever play in our lifetimes. Do you need the $12 for something else? If not, why pause?

I remember charting my Steam expenditures over the years, and how they dramatically dropped once I signed up for the monthly bundle. $144/year is far less than the gap in what I’ve paid for my gaming habit since. Still, I can see people wondering “Well, why bother if there’s nothing I see to my liking?” My approach has always been to wait for the surprise reveals and I use the dynamic to stay my hand when I’m tempted to drop $60 down on whatever the new hotness is.

I do have $10-$25 I spend every month to subscribe to a streaming service. I think Humble would be a good addition to that for rotation purposes. So one month Netflix, then Hulu, then Humble, then SlingTV, then CBS All Access, then Starz, then back to Netflix, etc.

I still have Amazon Prime so that’s my streaming service buy but that will go away next year when I do not renew. I’ll still have Comcast though and they have plenty to stream.

I dunno… while I buy a bunch of games new (or retro pre-owned) I do not buy a lot of PC games anymore and it’s nice to get $12 worth of quality games each month where there’s always at least one I like if not many more.

Charged today so if you stayed in then the first three are available!

Yeah, SE4 is the only one of the initial reveals that is interesting to me like, at all, so the others will be incoming to the Giveaway thread in short order, unless my 12 year old nephew is interested in Staxel or something. Here’s hoping there is something other than masocore 2D platformers in the games to be revealed next Friday.

Rest of the bundle is up, and it looks like next month is OVERWATCH as a headliner.

September 2018

Totally wanted Battle Chef Brigade and Sniper Elite 4. Zombie Night Terror looks right up my alley. Good bundle this month for me.

Not sure about Overwatch.

Heard a lot of buzz around Battle Chef Brigade when the Switch version came out. September’s bundle was pretty solid.

Gross. The top line wording makes it sound like this will be a Battle.net only bundle as well. This may be my first pause since the only thing I’d be interested in is Necro content in Diablo III.

I enjoyed the little I played of Zombie Night Terror awhile back. I really need to get back to it.

Battle Chef Brigade is great.

I already own Overwatch, so I’m out for next month.