Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

FYI there’s small text saying if you ever got wallet credit from a previous Humble Monthly related promotion you’re ineligible.

Is there a code or anything for me to enter to get this? I went to change my plan, and it just says 1 free month (or was I too late?)

edit - nevermind, I’m an idiot

PSA : If you think you paused your subscription earlier this month, check it again in the next few hours.

I am 99% sure I paused my Humble Monthly Sub earlier in September, like a day or so after the last bundle went live. I just happened to get an email today telling me to “enjoy my early unlocks”, checked my subscription, and saw that somehow I was still active! Thankfully, the payment date is now listed as Oct. 3rd (tomorrow), and not last Friday. I was able to pause again, this time it confirms my pause on the subscription page.

I wonder if this happened when they changed the payment date? It’s been the Friday before the bundle release at 12:00AM EST for as long as I can remember, but now it looks like they’re moving it to only a couple of days prior to the bundle release.

WTF?? I got a confirmation email when I paused last week, but a couple of days ago I got a mysterious looking one that made it seem I was still unpaused. Thanks for the heads-up.

And sure enough, I was scheduled to be billed tomorrow, no pause on record. Serious BS.

Weird. I got charged for my sub already. I think it was last Friday when it normally charges me. *shrug*

Btw to my request (see above) they politely declined. I expected it, but still, too bad.

Yep, same here. Had to pause again. Yeesh.

I posted about this on the PC gaming subreddit and some guy responded that they’d charged him already even though he’d paused last week. When he asked for a refund they granted it “as a one-time exception” as if the fault were his. That’s some nonsense.

Thanks for the PSA @SlainteMhath! I had also paused through their new maximum hoop jumping canceling interface only to find myself unpaused just now.

That’s extremely basic SOP for low level customer support. Those people aren’t allowed to make policy declarations. Not something to be offended by.

Excellent. Glad I saved at least a few folks from having to send angry (but politely worded) emails to Humble Support this week. Of course, now that we’ve all jumped through the hoops a second time, one of the reveals will be something we all end up kicking ourselves for skipping.

I sent one anyway – well not angry or, probably, well-worded, but, considering so many here are reporting this problem, it felt right to register my voice.

Yeah, I sent one myself as well. Not angry, but saying, essentially, “had to pause twice, what gives?”

You guys are gonna miss out on the best reveals, the BEST!

Heh, we’ll see. Plus, they’d only end up on my list of “I really mean to get to it…someday” games.

How can you have a list like that in perpetuity unless you keep adding to it?

:)

LOL! I’m thinking that’s probably not too far off the truth.

Or…they promised Blizzard x number of new players into their game (which for Blizzard translates as x number of potential people now playing their game who may end up making future spends on it as a result). They were missing their promised mark of new players, so…

Less than 1 hour to go!