Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

How do some of these more obscure games make it on your guys’ lists? I frankly haven’t heard of most of these, much less get to the level of coveting them. Where do you guys read about some of these titles?

I check here:

and here:

Every one of those games in the Monthly has been at least mentioned on Rock Paper Shotgun and a good chunk have been reviewed.

Yeah, I’m calling this a good month for me, albeit not spectacular. I can try Overwatch just to say I’ve done it. I can finally give the Dungeons series, which I’ve been avoiding, a shake and see if it works as a management game for me. I have had American Truck on my wishlist since before it came out, but never bit, so that’s cool. And I’m really excited for the smaller indie games, including the demo of Wandersong, which I really want to check out, but probably won’t pay full price for yet.

Overwatch is great. Totally worth playing.

I saw other people mention this too. But it’s not mentioned on the list of games for the month posted by lordkosc:

That’s next month’s game silly billy.

Ah ok. That explains it.

Btw, I started Hollow Knight about 2 nights ago. It starts off really unexciting. And I mean that from both a gameplay and a visual perspective.

But I trust the people in the Hollow Knight thread who say it gets really good later much later in the game.

I liked it from the first moments. I wouldn’t force myself through this if the mood of the game isn’t your taste.

Yeah Hollow Knight is good, I just got past the crystal mines area, so I have no idea how much still remains.

It does get good Rock8man as you get more abilities. I agree that it started off a little slow. I’m in the minority, but I’m not a bug fan of the aesthetics. I liked the game play and the graphics of Ori and the Blind Forest better. This doesn’t mean I don’t think Hollow Knight is good - it is, but I’m not as into it as others.

I see what you did there!

It’s really bland looking in comparison to something like Ori, and all you can do in the beginning is jump and punch. You can’t even double jump or wall jump or anything. But yeah, I’ll stick with it. I’m sure it’s probably designed to ease people into the mechanics.

Holy crap, I actually played that for a while this year via emulator.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to be in a year long monthly plan and still pause for a month? Asking for a friend who already has Hitman and has no interest in sidescrolling platformer games (or zombie games really).

I’ve read it’s possible but don’t know how one does it. If buying month to month you act like you’re cancelling entirely and it offers the Pause option.

Um…Yes! I made that great pun on purpose! It wasn’t a typo. Nope. I…ah…well…OK maybe it was a typo :-(

But it was a great typo!

Humble is now taunting me. They sent me an email about a promotion to get Kingdom Come: Deliverance with a 3-month subscription. But… I’m in the middle of a one-year sub, which they obviously know, and “Current multi-month subscribers are not eligible.”. So… I guess the idea is to tell my friends to sign up? Oh, “Only customers who recieved this email directly are eligible.” ¯\(ツ)

I actually just completed cancelled my “subscription”. I have been pausing now for months on end, and I’m tired of jumping through the hoops every month to not get charged $12 accidentally because I forgot to pause. They tried throwing a $3 credit towards this month’s bundle at me to get me to stay, but I have no interest in this month’s visible offerings.

Cancelling required clicking on confusing confirmation dialogs at least three separate times. They really don’t want to make it easy for people to just walk away. But in the end it’s stupid for me to pause every month if they’re offering non-subscribers stuff like Kingdom Come : Deliverance for subscribing…I would happily sign back up for a 3-month stint at $35 if they tossed Kingdom Come at me, but as long as I’m in Pause Limbo I’m never going to see those offers.

Yup, thinking of doing the same thing. I’m vaguely interested in Hitman 2016, which is the only thing that keeps me from doing it this month. Still haven’t pulled the trigger on it though.