Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Damn, between that and Kingdom Come, I’m feeling like a bit of a sucker for locking in a year for a $25 store credit.

lol - same here. Worst part is, I’m assuming neither of those games will then appear in bundles.

Christ on a stick stop complaining, I subbed yearly few weeks before they started offering even that. So I get neither cool games nor store credit :)

Oh, but you get the incalculable value of being a trailblazer. Truly, a gamer among gamers! We shall all bow down in awe ;)

WOW. Between Kingdom Come : Deliverance and Pathfinder : Kingmaker, the games you can get for signing up for the Humble Monthly beat the crap out of the actual Humble Monthly content lately. What a strange marketing decision.

Kingmaker, at least, requires a one YEAR sub - so it’s not exactly a great deal if most of the monthlies aren’t to your taste.

Ahh…that makes more sense. KC : Deliverance was only a 3-month commit, which basically equaled the current sale price of the game. Not so sure I’d jump on spending $144 for a year’s worth of monthly gambles just to nab Kingmaker for free.

You can apparently pause yearly bundles. I’d pay $30 for Kingmaker, and have some interest in the announced games for this month, so I think I’ll probably jump in and plan on doing that instead of steam holiday sale games this year.

hate to be “that guy” but they give you a free month with the 12 month sub so it’s $132…which I’m sure doesn’t alter your conclusion at all!

LOL, no worries. Yeah, even at $132, the statement still stands.

Granted, that’s just a “me” perspective as someone who already has hundreds of games in my Steam library and elsewhere, and thus has a more narrow window of what I consider desirable games in bundles. If you are someone who hasn’t built up a large digital game collection yet, and/or who enjoys playing quality games from across all genres, then the Monthly is probably going to deliver for you most months, making the year long commit with bonus Kingmaker a deal worth taking.

I still believe Humble Monthly Bundle is one of the best deals in PC gaming, I just think it’s far more attractive for some people than it is for others based on their existing libraries and their taste in games.

Monthly is 99$ for a year today, new subs only.

Everytime I click on this thread there is a new reason for me to be pissed about subbing yearly when I did, yay! :)

So what’s the word on all the boardgame ports in the latest bundle? Which are good boardgames and which are good ports?

Remainder of the December reveal goes live tomorrow.

Lets hope for games that weren’t released 10 years ago.

That depends… 2008 was a pretty good year for games, wasn’t it? ;)

What if they went with twenty years ago?! 1998 was king! :O

Fuck, well, I guess I’m getting december. FUCK.

This stupid pause thing is the worst. I should have cancelled.

• Baldur’s Gate
  • Starcraft
  • Half Life
  • Unreal
  • Commandos
  • Rainbow Six
  • Starsiege: Tribes
  • Grim Fandango
  • Fallout 2
  • Battlezone
    Not to mention numerous great console titles. Yeah, 1998 was a pretty good year ;)

December full list:

• MGS V
  • Cities Skylines
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection
  • Zombie Army Trilogy
  • Purrfect Date
  • Neurovoider
  • Immortal Redneck
  • Seven: Days Long Gone

And January’s early reveals are:

• Just Cause 3 XXL
  • Wizard of Legend
  • Project Cars 2

Next month looks like a HARD PAUSE!

Also huge score with the hidden reveals for this month:

• Purrfect Date
  • Immortal Redneck
  • Seven: Days Long Gone

I’m glad that I stayed in on this one. I’ve been wanting the Mega Man collection (would have preferred it on Switch, but oh well.), and have been at least curious about Seven, Immortal Redneck, and Neurovoider.

And next month looks pretty reasonable too as Wizard of Legend looked fun, and I enjoyed Just Cause 2 back in the day. Heard 3 was very rough at launch, but should be worth checking out at this point.