Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

What is it, like a GTA clone? Looks like I finally get to join the crew that’s been playing this for centuries. (Yes, I know it has its own thread, I just haven’t waded into that just yet).

Good months, but pausing next month since I have both games. Yakuza 0 is even in my back log, so fuck me for not waiting.

It’s more like Shenmue.

To try and pull you back in, The Division is definitely being included solely to boost interest in the sequel. I’m not reading too much into it (and want Yakuza 0 on PC anyway). A bummer they didn’t include the season pass.

May I ask (anyone who can opine) why that would make a difference, when you still end up having to launch Uplay to play the game? I mean, is it just so you can have it visible in your Steam library?

As to this current bundle, as they say “now you’re talkin’!” I almost bought Yakuza 0 during these just-ended sales and I’ve been curious about the Division for a long time. So I may just dip in for a month and cancel if next month’s headliners don’t float my boat (or if I already own them).

6678E3CB-72D9-454C-A22A-88BA494F8653

Well … I’ll probably try it anyway.

So, I only have a bunch of games on uPlay so it’s not a deal breaker for me. But uPlay doesn’t do playtime tracking, doesn’t have a convenient gallery for screenshots (though it does do them, unlike Origin), doesn’t do Steam achievements or trading cards, doesn’t interface with Steam social features. A uPlay game on Steam will do some or all of that through Steam.

But like, if Shenmue had good gameplay and crime thriller shenanigans alongside the weird arcade games and karaoke and stuff. And also you leveled up by eating money after being trained by a random British hobo.

Uplay does track play time, FYI.

Oh right, I think I saw that. But the other stuff applies.

Overly-Dramatic-Yoda-Stick-Swing-Reaction-Gif

OK, I’m in!

That is where I’m at.

I just bought Reign and Yakuza 0, yay me. I am kinda interested in division for just the single player since I used to enjoy the Clancy games and it’s been a long time since I played one.

Oh well, happy with the rest of the games.

The Division is awesome! And totally works as a solo game too.

I continue to struggle playing it solo, due to my poor aim and probably bad skill choices. :)

I still think the initial solo difficulty hump is a big one but it does get much more approachable once you have all the base wings.

Nothing too important, I think-- convenience of sticking to one platform, community perks, achievements, workshop, etc. I have no interest in this game or Yakuza so I’m pausing my subscription, but even so I’d probably skip a UPlay title if there’s a chance I can get it later during a Steam sale (I think The Division has already seen deep discounts).

I tried the Division on a free weekend and man, it was such a bore.

Oh GOD no. GTA doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Yakuza 0. They’re similar in the sense that both have a “crime story” setting, so to speak, but the execution is completely and absolutely different.

Yakuza 0 has heart, has soul, has drama, has humor. GTA is a big American summer blockbuster, Yakuza 0 is Kurosawa if he ever made a crime story videogame. So to speak.

Ok, I may be overselling it (not really). But there’s a reason Yakuza 0 was my Game of The Year 2018™ and no GTAs ever showed up in my top 10 in any year. Well, after whatever year it was that Vice City came out.

I loved The Division but felt like it really shined in the first two DLC - especially Underground (DLC 1, random generated “dungeons”) for playing solo. The sequel is out in March so you should be getting the full Division experience if you buy in now.