Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Great month for me. Except Qube and Just Cause (which I might end up playing) all the others were wishlisted or at least looked at serveral times. I’m especially looking forward to playing The Darkside Detective and Sundered. Yeah.

And now I’ll pause again because I already backlog’d the new ones…

• Everytime I start The Division, start a mission… I think: such a fine looking, pleasant to play game… but that lasts only for 30 minutes. I find it to be extreme monotonous… although the monotony is so well done. Something about it draws me in, something makes me yawn. But it’s worth 10$ alone for this snowy version of doomed New York and some hours of entertaining cover-shooting…

• Yakuza seems so great, but the people in it talk too much. : \

You might be overselling it a bit. But I appreciate your enthusiasm.

QUBE 2 is apparently much better than the first. :)

Awesome, after snoozing for like 3 months straight (owned a bunch of the games) Yakuza 0 has me back in!

I had a problem with The Division before even getting off the first little island because holy crap that last mission was too hard. But once I finally got past it, holy hell, this game is fun,

I hear you sayin. All the time. And yet I already bounced off of it twice. But third time’s gonna be the charm. It has to.

And I also got Nier Automata yesterday. I will sue you for damages if I don’t like it.

:P

Well, maybe it means we have really different tastes. And that’s OK.

Also, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is pretty great, you know. ;)

Hah, that was part of my problem with Yakuza 0, it never felt immersive for me due to lack of proper voice acting and the way it is designed and structured. And the start of the story was a bit…mundane. But I never even got to the part where you get to play as the other guy, so I assume I still haven’t seen anything and just have to persevere. Because I want to enjoy that story, and I know couple people with taste similar to mine who love Yakuza 0 too. And I think yours is not that different from mine either :)

Btw regarding Automata, did you play on PC or console? I added the FAR mod to it so I hope it will be problem-free for me on PC (apparently platinum never patched it).

Cool stuff this month. And cool games next month, that I already have. :D

This is a rough month to have forgotten to pause. There are games I’m interested in playing in the bundle, but I already own them. On the other hand, there’s probably something wrong with me if I can’t get a few hours of fun out of a Just Cause game.

But next month sounds awesome! I very nearly bought Yakuza 0 in the sale and was interested in trying The Division but not enough to buy it. Definitely worth it to me.

PC. Played without mods and had no issues then, but maybe I was lucky.

Cool, hopefully I won’t have any issues either.

I didn’t think I was having issues until I got to the second playthrough and hit a mechanic where FPS actually massively affects gameplay and it turned out mine was hurting to a degree that I hadn’t noticed at all during the main game. Installed FAR and the FPS went way up, though.

It’s still a fighting game at its core right? You have a health bar, enemies have a health bar, and you beat on each other until someone gets knocked out? That’s what Yakuza 2 and 3 were. I was so disappointed. I wanted to get to the Tokyo culture and Okinawa culture, but I just couldn’t get past the fact that it was a fighting game.

Derp, I forgot I can request refunds on Steam. Only done it once before, so I just submitted for Reign and Yakuza 0, yay me.

I’d say a brawler, but yes, the story and most of the side missions involve a lot of punching people until they fall over. Or hitting them with umbrellas, or…

Gah, oh well. That was a shock to me both times. You get to spend over an hour watching story beats in Yakuza 2 before it finally gets to the gameplay, and it’s just surprising. And then Yakuza 3 was particularly surprising since you’re now retired in Okinawa and taking care of a bunch of kids, and it’s all so tranquil and so different, and there’s multiple hours of just story beats, but then you go to the city to go shopping and suddenly you’re in a fighting game because apparently hoodlums don’t want you going shopping?

There are a lot of people in the city who don’t understand who they are fucking with. This is true across the series.

If you found the fighting difficult, 0 has an easy mode that so far seems to actually be easy (and you are swimming in cash due to it also being XP so having an inventory full of healing drinks is trivial to arrange). If you just don’t like playing it, you could always watch a Let’s Play instead.

Actually, now that I go back and look - this is only true for specific games, not a launcher-wide thing. Like it doesn’t track my playtime in Black Flag or The Crew. I think it must only be a thing in the most recent games.

I guess so. It’s tracked my time for Steep, Wildlands, Far Cry Primal and AC Origins just fine.