Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age - Crytek, co-op monster hunting

I’m going to jump on this tonight, probably about 6-7 hours from now. It’ll be solo/quick play unless anyone wants to join me :-)

I am still a good 4-6 hours from having gaming free time tonight.

I thought I was done with Hunt: Showdown but I’ve had far too many great games with my brother recently to just knock it on the head now. I love its particular mix of PvPvE and I think after Sea of Thieves it’s so good to play a game with great gunplay and melee combat.

With the purchase of my LG CX OLED my tracking and aiming has improved so much. The 120Hz refresh rate (averaging around 50-80FPS now), pixel response and reduced input lag has added up to me being able to track players a lot better and even do snap shots that I previously couldn’t dream of doing. I’ve always been curious whether a better screen and frame rate would do this and I’m so happy that it’s made a very real difference. Now I’m wondering about Titanfall 2…

@lordkosc your comment on my Steam profile made me laugh out loud. I thought it was going to be the salty loser coming back! I must be doing better because now I’m being accused of cheating! :-)

:)

I uninstalled recently, as much as I want to like it I feel I am making the game fun for other people by being easy fodder, vs having actual fun myself.

Wish it was purely PvE.

Yeah, I think if I’d continued dying a lot without many victories I’d have done the same (I think I said as much in a recent chat with you on Steam) but the recent run of good games has definitely pulled me back in.

I recall sucking big time at Apex Legends. I stuck with that for quite a while before realising that I was spending most of the game running around, gathering gear then… dying in the first encounter some 10-15 minutes later. It was fun for a while but I just could not wrap my head around the gunplay like Titanfall 2.

New Map! Soon!

Can’t wait! I’ve been absolutely hammering Hunt with my brother since April. He’s a full convert now and we’re able to get a round or two in most days.

I’ve had this game for years, tried it a few times with randoms and solo but never stuck. I really want to get into this more but I feel randoms are really hit or miss, ie running on own making noise, toxic, not communicating, or sometimes really good teammates. Solo is challenging especially when I still don’t know the ropes.

Any interest to group up and learn together or patience teaching a noob? I am EST time and can play Monday through Thursday 9:30PM EST - about 12 midnight.

I totally relate. I was in the same position at the beginning of the year but now, thanks to my brother taking an interest, I have a solid duo (and recent) trio group. Before that (years!) it was mostly me playing solo quickplay, which is great but it’s a different beast to bounty hunt. After a few bounty hunts with randoms I just avoided it hoping to eventually get some friends to join me. Unfortunately whispa, I’m British Standard Time so I’ll be sound asleep by the time you’re online :-(

No worries, just throwing it out there! With the new map and upcoming event, I am itching to get back into it. Going to check out some Youtube vids and dive back in :D

I can’t say for sure I’ll be on on any given night, but those times are pretty good for me, @whispa . Same callsign on Steam: Lostcawz

Oh, and other than a few hours solo over the years. Totes Noob

Hey, that’s great! If anything, we can give it a shot and see how it works out. I’ll send you an invite on Steam and maybe we can figure out a day/time next week or after. Big storm coming this way so that may affect next week but we’ll see.

Sounds good. Now i have to get my headset/mic working. hehe

I’m a particular fan of Neenoh and Lukan. Both more subdued/relaxed players but very good and insightful.

I’ll check them out, thanks!

So are all the DLC just new weapons and character models? If I only have the main game ( and 1 or 2 early DLC, I think) will I be able to play all the maps and monsters?

All the DLC is cosmetic. Fancy pants hunters and gear skins that you don’t get in the base game. As of the last major update (which added DeSalle, the new map) they added an in-game DLC store which makes it a lot easier than the Steam store to browse all that stuff.

Hunt is getting indigenous characters. They’ve written a statement about it.

You won’t find Stillwater Bayou, Lawson Delta, or DeSalle on any map, but in the world of Hunt, they are located in Louisiana. The Chitimacha were the original inhabitants of that area, and the Atakapa, Caddo, Houma, Natchez, Choctaw, and Tunica are just a few of the peoples who inhabited other parts of what is now called Louisiana. What is there now and what was there in 1895 – the year in which Hunt: Showdown is set – would not exist if it weren’t for the violent murder and displacement of those people.

Though Hunt: Showdown is a work of supernatural fiction, those fictions are embedded in real-world history. We have chosen not to recreate the horrible discrimination, violence, or oppression visited upon Native people, Black people, and Asian people (and many others) during that time period in the United States in the Hunt in the name of entertainment. We want all players to enjoy our game without asking them to relive any of these traumas. But we are committed to acknowledging them.