Hurricane Ian

You sure? That was the page I was using, and I just rechecked the first eight cams, all offline.

Stay safe, you guys

I’ve also got family in Ian’s path, and I don’t just mean in the Fast and Furious sense! So I’m also going to be watching this all day.

@Houngan, I can’t get an image from any of those links either.

Looks like the eastern eyewall has contacted Sanibel, surge is going to go straight up the bay/river to Port Charlotte. Here’s a local channel that has some coverage:

Filling ziplock bags with ice for freezer. Final weatherproofing this evening.

Good luck and stay safe everyone. See you on the other side.

Yeah I think I had some buffered. Only a couple of street views were working now. :(

Meanwhile, CNN is showing the view from Skyway Bridge in Tampa, live.

You guys be safe as well, Rich. Take care of those doggies!

Sanibel is under 3-4 feet of water in the middle of the island.

Are those the True Lies bridges? Are they supposed to be a lot higher in the water? Right now, it looks ornery, but perfectly driveable.

I think those were the big Keys bridges. These would be much less impressive/long.

For all the Floridians here, stay safe.

My wife uses bottled water 16 or 20 oz to fill up freezer and keep things cold instead of ice. That way when it melts you can use it as drinking water.

I get that, makes sense. But finding bottled water was tough even a couple of days ago. What we do have will be needed for drinking.

Sharkicane!

Anyone who saw the movie Crawl would also be worried about alligators right now.

Also, that shark is just looking for someone who can give him directions back to the marina.

Our plan was to leave on Monday and, about now, be having a drink in a hotel bar somewhere in Augusta, GA. My father’s plan was to refuse to go. So, here we sit, waiting for the storm.

Aww, man. Sorry to hear that, Scott. As with all of you down there, be safe!

Thanks. We’re in Melbourne; well, just north of it, really. Mostly I’m worried about the 2+ days of rain and the likely extended power outage.

WINK News has been offline for a while now. Sucks about the cars…

What’s concerning me is their twitter had a video of a kitten on a bench that they were trying to rescue from the rising waters. I don’t see that tweet anymore. I think that means the kitten is safe, right…?

Looks like all their twitter replies are just as worried.