Hyper Scape - Ubisoft's Apex

Guess I should post the overview trailer.

Here’s some news about a game nobody has bothered talking about since it released over the summer.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/hyper-scape/news-updates/3GjcSy2yKOfjWRlAkcral7/hyper-scape-where-we-are-and-where-we-are-going

While July’s launch and Open Beta on PC were successful, we were not able to achieve the high expectations we set for ourselves with our full release on console that followed in August. We also know we didn’t fully meet the high expectations of our players

Some tid bits.

COMBAT COMFORT We always intended for Hyper Scape to have a high skill ceiling, but it is clear from our data that the floor is also too high. This results in a difficult experience for new players. Currently, it is too hard to aim, track and consistently damage players and eliminate them, especially on consoles.

GAME MODES Our core game mode, Crown Rush, can be quite unforgiving, so we want to provide players with a variety of formats in terms of activity and match size. This will start with introducing respawn systems in the game and “deathmatch” style game modes. We are also rethinking how we manage limited time modes and the player base split that is required to support multiple modes at once.

CROSS PLAY While Cross Play has always been intended for the game, we want to add it earlier than planned to help address the current issues of lobby size.

I haven’t heard about this game since the streamer day kickoff.

I didn’t remember this existed in the first place!

I downloaded to see what it was like. It made an ok first impression with its little sci fi framing story but I got into one game, died and then couldn’t get into another. Tried a couple of times then uninstalled.

I keep forgetting this is a thing I can play.

Meh…

I downloaded it when it first came out and still haven’t tried it yet, and I love Battle Royales. Every time I saw a little bit of it being played I kind of lost interest in trying it again.

Umm ok Ubi…

Play Hyper Scape get a $10 uplay store coupon.

https://store.ubi.com/us/faqcoupon/

I did that a few days ago. Has anyone received the coupon yet? (I have not).

You gotta click the button.

I did.

Wait, are you implying you got your coupon email already?

Days ago…

I guess I’ll go swimming in the spam folder to see if it got sent there. You need the email to get the coupon, right? Is it some kind of code?

It’s a code, yes.

I’m probably just out of luck. They did email me about some in-game reward for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, but no email about the $10 coupon, nothing in my spam folder either.

Oh well. Their loss. I get to spend less money. Yay!

I do resent the time I wasted downloading and starting this piece of shit game though.

Same here.

I got mine pretty quickly. Haven’t figured out yet if there’s anything I actually want to spend it on, though…

Ubi’s pulling the plug; not especially surprising since it hadn’t received an update in like half a year.

https://twitter.com/HyperScapeGame/status/1486749463997825024

Contenders,
We have made the difficult decision to end development of Hyper Scape and shut the game down as of April 28th. We set out to create a vertical, close-quarters, and fast-paced shooter experience and we are extremely grateful to our community for joining us on our journey. We will be taking key learnings from this game into future products.
To the Hyper Scape community, thank you for your passion and dedication to the world of Neo Arcadia both inside and outside of the game. Your devotion to the game we built will always be cherished.
Reach out to us if you have questions.
Sincerely, Hyper Scape